Author Topic: AutoHARP : What am I missing  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Random

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
AutoHARP : What am I missing
« on: March 20, 2017, 04:02:58 AM »
So I'm finally getting around to using AutoHARP.

I started imputing one of my players characters for the game I'm running next month and there were some things I couldn't work out.  Even after multiple viewings of the relevant Youtube tutorials.

It all mainly has to do with Talents.
(1) Bonus Skill Ranks: How does one add them?  Do you just add them and exceed the DP cap?  There is no prompt to tell that you have/haven't allocated them.
(2) Talents that apply bonuses over multiple skills; Scholar, Survivalist, Assassin Training etc.  Are these bonuses added automatically or must it be done manually?  If fact that question applies to any Talent that gives bonuses, Agile Defense, Combat Perception etc. 

Thanks in advance.

Offline Random

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: AutoHARP : What am I missing
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:35:49 PM »
Is there a way to designate a primary sub-skill for those skills with mandatory sub-skills (Animal Handling, Beastmastery, Foraging/Survival, Riding, and Signaling)? 
There is a way to select multiple sub-skills for those skills and allocate ranks to them but as I read the rules on Mandatory sub-skill that's not really how it reads. (the character chooses one of the sub-skills to be the primary sub-skill. The primary sub-skill may be used without any sub-skill penalties; all other sub-skills must be used with the listed modifier) 
As a work around I'm just going to select one sub-skill and apply the spot rule as needed manually. 

Offline Random

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:55:42 PM »
Ok, so I've sorted out most of the things above I was having problems with.
Now I've moved on a looked at armour by the piece.  That's not working mostly it's only working for one piece and then the rest of the pieces don't register or something like that.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »
So I'm finally getting around to using AutoHARP.

I started imputing one of my players characters for the game I'm running next month and there were some things I couldn't work out.  Even after multiple viewings of the relevant Youtube tutorials.

It all mainly has to do with Talents.
(1) Bonus Skill Ranks: How does one add them?  Do you just add them and exceed the DP cap?  There is no prompt to tell that you have/haven't allocated them.
(2) Talents that apply bonuses over multiple skills; Scholar, Survivalist, Assassin Training etc.  Are these bonuses added automatically or must it be done manually?  If fact that question applies to any Talent that gives bonuses, Agile Defense, Combat Perception etc. 

Thanks in advance.

1) You add them manually. You can adjust just about everything on the character sheet. The program itself in very customizable. The talent is always there until you apply them. I recommend to put into the description that you allocated the ranks, similar to what would have been done on paper.

2) You need to go to the skill and apply the bonus manually. Currently the database file for talents are not setup to automatically update these. To manually adjust the skill talent bonus is easy. Goto the skill tab, find your skill and click on the row for Talent Bonus. You will get a edit text. Type in the bonus and hit the enter key.

Cheers!

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 07:15:11 PM »
Is there a way to designate a primary sub-skill for those skills with mandatory sub-skills (Animal Handling, Beastmastery, Foraging/Survival, Riding, and Signaling)? 

This update coming up completes the issues with this and has it function correctly.

There is a way to select multiple sub-skills for those skills and allocate ranks to them but as I read the rules on Mandatory sub-skill that's not really how it reads. (the character chooses one of the sub-skills to be the primary sub-skill. The primary sub-skill may be used without any sub-skill penalties; all other sub-skills must be used with the listed modifier) 
As a work around I'm just going to select one sub-skill and apply the spot rule as needed manually. 

Again.. this should be addressed with the 2.2 update coming out here this week.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 07:17:20 PM »
Ok, so I've sorted out most of the things above I was having problems with.
Now I've moved on a looked at armour by the piece.  That's not working mostly it's only working for one piece and then the rest of the pieces don't register or something like that.

By the piece is also addressed with update 2.2 however the issue with the by the piece is that is was a bit too limiting. This new update allows for a full set of armor to be used with piece armor at the same time. You should be able to create piece armor with the application. I will check this out on my end, however previous testing showed this to work. Often times the adjustments are so small it may not seem anything is happening. Bigger pieces should show larger adjustments.

Offline Random

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 07:52:51 PM »
Thanks for the info.

The problem with the armour by the piece was that it was consistently only registering the first piece even if you added the rest of the set.  It wasn't that the size of the adjustment is small. They just didn't show up in the Defense Summary after the first peice.  Not the DB, the MM penalties, Casting penalty or the Coverage.   

Anyway sounds like you have something sorted out for 2.2, I was just making myself clearer.

Thanks again

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »
I'll double check the By The Piece for Armor and make sure it is bringing in the information. ;)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 09:03:48 AM »
Oh wow! Thank you for having me go back to that. I verified that it is working for this release but in verifying it I found an issue that I unfortunately had in many other places in the application which would cause it to crash. You saved me a lot of work in that regards. So thank you very much!

Offline Random

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 06:30:05 PM »
Happy to help :)