Author Topic: Welcome to Jalqur  (Read 2228 times)

Offline madvogon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Welcome to Jalqur
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »
First, some of my CV: There's at least a fair chance some of you know me.  I've been using the "madvogon" handle since 1985 on many many discussion boards.  If you've ever played an online game and encountered such characters as Remartrand, Gorvanok, or Tuptican, hi!  I also attended Origins for almost a decade from Origins 20 in Philadelphia to the early 2000's.  My proudest gaming moment happened at Origins 20 in Philadelphia.  I'm the guy who came up with the new ending for Torgon 7.

Jalqur is my personal fantasy setting.  I have been running adventures and full campaigns on it for over 30 years.  It is my intention to somehow publish it and will use this thread from time to time to post ideas and ask for opinions and feedback from those I consider my primary audience as the world was built around RoleMaster, going all the way back to Arms Law and Spell Law as stand alone products printed on pseudo-parchment pages.

Some of what will appear in the near future are alternate rules I use in my campaigns including a functional set of Blood Magic rules for RoleMaster.  I know this post is more tease than information, but I am limited by a very simple fact.  I went blind 8 years ago and am reliant on typists to help with my postings.  I am currently in the market for a new computer and will get a copy of Dragon which should speed up the process.

Offline madvogon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Welcome to Jalqur
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 05:29:08 PM »
Feeling a bit guilty about being a bit too vague on the original post, here's something with a bit more meat on it.

The following legend exists in one form or another across the Multiverse.

In the beginning, forces of Will arose from the primal chaos that came before.  These forces fell into contention.  Since the forces were of the very energies that bind the universe together, no one will could dominate the others.  How long these epic battles of Wills continued is unknown and unknowable.  Eventually, to change the nature of their conflict, the forces arrived at the First Great Compromise, the creation of the Staff of Time, which allowed cause to precede effect and imposed order upon the Multiverse. Utilizing the Staff, the Wills created agents to exist in this new reality.  These agents were also made of the primal  energies of the Multiverse, the beings we now know as the Gods.

The conflict continued, although with the limitations imposed by Time.  How many deities were slain, lost, or devoured has been forgotten.  Eventually, even immortal beings tire of war, which led to the Second Great Compromise, the creation of free willed beings such as Dwarves, Elves, and Man.

It is said that those original titanic Wills still exist outside of Time and the Multiverse as we understand it, waiting and watching for some fundamental resolution that only they can anticipate or comprehend.

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:55:22 AM »
The post got buried a bit, but welcome to the forums, albeit a little late. Happy to have you aboard.

please put your world here so people may peruse it. I always like checking a new setting and maybe help out with some ideas!
Game On!

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »
Hi Madvogon,

That is a bit of a sad first outing on the forums, 30 years work and no one notices for three months.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...