Author Topic: Bone Law  (Read 5166 times)

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Bone Law
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:36:09 AM »
Does anyone have much experience with the Rigid/Flex/Dense Bone cybersystems?

So, Rigid gives a bonus vs. breakage. For Cyberspace, with considerable smaller/compact crit tables, bones are "broken" a lot less. Do you still take the hits but can ignore flavor text? "Blow to jaw breaks it. Can't speak or eat solid foods until healed. +15 hits. -10 to activity. stunned 7 rounds" Or do you ignore the crit if making the RR?

Now let's look at FlexBone. With a RR, you can resist the "breakage/shattering" and the damage? Or, just breakage and shattering flavor text. i.e. not hits?

Then, there is DenseBone (aka Wolverine) for "neo-sumo wrestlers", I'm thinking more along the lines of very low gravity asteroid miners. Maybe the suits are so hi-tech as to be near rip free but it's still a hazardous job; and they would need the extra ballast. This stuff gives you the same benefit as RigidBone and a bonus to brawling attacks that use the implanted site. But this also adds 1kg/ Rtg # which counts toward your encumbrance. Wouldn't you build more muscle mass constantly carrying around the extra weight?
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Bone Law
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:53:35 PM »
So this has been seen 35 times and no one has any idea how to use bone implants?

Oh, well.  :-\
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 04:20:09 AM »
People who use the the "new posts" filter will only notice the name "Bone Law" and assume oit has to do with Rolemaster spells ...

Also, you will normally find more reads than comments!

Note before I start - Breaks are considered "Medium Wounds"; Shatters are considered "Serious Wounds" - this categorization has a direct effect on recovery times ...

Rigid Bone - bones are broken less. Bone will be "bruised" for half the damage listed in the crit. Shatter results take full effect

Flex Bone - bones are broken less and will not shatter. Breaks are downgraded to "bruised" for half the damage listed in the crit. Shatter results are considered to be downgraded to breaks and all damage is halved.

Densebone - No your musculature would not automatically compensate.

Offline lev_lafayette

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 01:40:04 AM »
I would make the resistance roll but still apply the normal (not additional from the crit) concussion hits.
RPG Review. Free 'zine. Worth reading.
My livejournal.

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 04:26:26 PM »
I'd say that Cormac pretty much nailed the way I've always understood it all too.
Ooo, that's gonna leave a mark...

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland