Author Topic: How do I buy the Rolemaster Quarterlies?  (Read 2248 times)

Offline April

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
How do I buy the Rolemaster Quarterlies?
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:52:09 PM »
I have spent over an hour trying to figure out how to get the Rolemaster Quarterly PDF downloads.  I want to buy them, but have been completely unable to find a price or way to download them.  Please help.

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: How do I buy the Rolemaster Quarterlies?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think they are for sale right now.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline April

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »
Darn it!  Note to ICE: You will make more money when you make your products available for purchase.

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 03:42:01 AM »
The RM Quarterlies were produced by the previous Licensee. In transferring the IP (Intellectual Property), each title has to be analysed to ensure that the IP is "clean" and whether or not edits are necessary.

In some titles, it might be as simple as changing the Copyright notice; in others it is more complex.

Some of the items in the Quarterlies cannot be republished at all after going through this process; as such, the RM Quarterlies will not be republished in their current form.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »
Another example of IP law actually reducing sales.  >sigh<

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 07:43:48 AM »
In the case of the RM Quarterlies, Aurigas does not own the full copyright to all the RMQs as they were written by third-party authors. Buying them back only to sell them for $2 per copy would very likely incur a significant loss for GCP and I don't think they will sell enough copies for a royalty deal to be very enticing to the authors.

Our intention at present with the RMQs is to let them stay unavailable for now and in the future see some or all of the material return in new products where the authors can get appropriately compensated and GCP can make money on those products.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »
What about the Spacemaster Datanets?  I'm pretty sure they were all by Robert Defendi.  I've got them.  But others might want them as they really patch some holes in the game.  You could complile them and sell them as a Game Master's book.  It'll be a mess but SPAM was a mess in general (if a lovely one) so it'll fit right in.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:32:32 AM »
If I were an author, I would be fine with royalties on a $2 item.  Some money > $0.00.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 08:33:19 AM »
What about the Spacemaster Datanets?  I'm pretty sure they were all by Robert Defendi.  I've got them.  But others might want them as they really patch some holes in the game.  You could complile them and sell them as a Game Master's book.  It'll be a mess but SPAM was a mess in general (if a lovely one) so it'll fit right in.

I've never heard of these.  Were they for SM:P or SM 1/2ed?  If the latter, I'm shocked: I thought I had everything ever published for that system.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 10:25:24 AM »

I think the plan is in the future to rebrand them and then sell them as a single book.

The Data Nets are for SM:P and are a selection of rules that were to be in the SM:P GM Guide.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.