Author Topic: RMSS - EP's From Summoned/Controlled Being  (Read 1324 times)

Offline aarcc

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMSS - EP's From Summoned/Controlled Being
« on: June 01, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »
If a PC summons/controls a being; would you award EP's to the player for damage etc that the being is responsible for?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMSS - EP's From Summoned/Controlled Being
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »
I would say no, as the summoner is not learning anything.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline jaranka

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »
I would concur.  He got EP from casting the spell, but he's not swinging those arms himself, just giving the orders.  You could award EP if he had a good idea for using the summoned creature. But "attack that guy" isnt a very imaginative use.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »
The summoner should get some exp for objectives accomplished via the summoning, but I would not track the summoned creatures damage delivered.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 01:46:18 AM »
In my games the one giving the orders also gets some EP because he is leading the mission. People that think of quests and then pick the right team to accomplish the quest should get a share of the EP, even if only accomplishment EP and "leading" EP.

I totally concur about the summoner not getting kill EP. EP is not transferable, it is personal to the extreme. On the other hand; a spell that creates some construct, like a flying, mind controlled weapon. That would net the caster some considerable portion of the damage and kill EP.

Game On!

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »
Hmm.  I would give xp for defeating foes with a summoned being, assuming the mage is concentrating on control/directing the being.  If it is a summon and forget type spell, then no exp would follow.

If the mage summoned some clubbers with control and had them defend or attack an area that directly resulted in the party achieving its goals, i think some xp is appropriate.  After all, it was the mages wise choice and use of spells that helped win the day.

Another fine example why rpgs have GM's.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »
Not for the summoner, no.  However, I will keep track of the damage done and xp earned by the summon separately.  At the end of the game, when XP is divided, that XP is added to the overall group XP and divided between players. If the summon does a kill, the summoning spell is moved to "defeated".