Author Topic: RM Office (RMFRP pc/npc generator)  (Read 16075 times)

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rolemaster Office - free PC/NPC RMFRP generator
RM Office (RMFRP pc/npc generator)
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:58:56 AM »
Rolemaster Office 4.2.5 released!

The main features are the spanish translation (please share it to spanish users and forums/boards/mailing lists) and the talent support (The flaws are missing, yet). Additionally I've added the Shadow World races.

Download:http://rmoffice.sourceforge.net/

Changelog:
Enhancements:
- BASIC: talents support
- LOCALE: spanish translation
- SHADOWWORLD: races and cultures
- NPC: generator creates more different characters with typical skills for the profession
- BASIC: range description for weapons depends on length unit now
- BASIC: divine status and fate points support
- PDF: Character image can be printed on PDF page 1 (bottom right corner) and on the PDF page 4 (equpipment page). It is configurable per character.
- UI: A button to delete the character image

Bugfixes:
- BASIC: Fix Length unit format (feet/inch was f"i')
- BASIC: removed height/weight todo (it is not necessary anymore, due to the default values)
- BASIC: Penalty special bonus for skills and categories possible
- LEVEL-UP MODE: Fixed spell list DP cost increasing (First 5 spell lists 1x DP cost, next 5 lists 2xDP costs, ..)
- PDF: Weight penalty can't be lower than 0 anymore
- NPC: Appearence diced with pot PR - 25 + 5d10
- LOCALE: Fix several typos (english)

Download free PC/NPC RMFRP generator ( Nov 08, 2018 v4.3.18 ): http://rmoffice.sf.net/

Offline danskmacabre

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • www.chaos8.com
Re: RM Office (RMFRP pc/npc generator)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »
Sorry meant to post a reply in this later thread..
You still working on a new version?
I'm currently using this version which is great, but will love to see what you have coming next.
www.chaos8.com

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:58 PM »
Thanks, that you like RMO  :)

Currently, I'm working on a bugfix release with some new german translations (mentalismn companion will be published in october), but there will be no features anymore.
According to my Google+ announcements I'll start a new project after RMO.
My plan was to start a flexible platform for different rule sets (RM2/C, RMFRP, SM, and different other games)
But after the ICE announcement to release a new Rolemaster books I'm unsure what to do.

My current state of my vision is:
1.) Wait for the new Rolemaster books and bring this new ruleset first (later the old ones, perhaps)
2.) Create an online platform where the game master shares his personal configuration (e.g. add a custom race, remove a spell list, forbit a skill, modify a profession, etc.). Players can create a character based on the game masters shared configuration or the default configuration.
The game master can see the characters of his players and it will be possible to allow write access for game master.
3.) First all will be online available, second is to make it available in an smartphone app (android + iphone)
4.) If needed (I'm not sure if this is really necessary) provide an offline generator which is similar to the RMO, but you can access the online characters, too

Important: I don't want to create a during game software, creating a very nice PDF was my goal in RMO and is my goal in upcoming platform.
Very important: Being the best generator  ;D

When is it ready? Mmmh, For RMO I spent 400 hours of development the last two years, so you can imagine it will take several months before I can show anything. I don't think you can await a beta version this year. (Check out Google+ for updates!)
Download free PC/NPC RMFRP generator ( Nov 08, 2018 v4.3.18 ): http://rmoffice.sf.net/

Offline danskmacabre

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • www.chaos8.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »
Cool, well thanks for all your work you've done, I really appreciate it.
I doubt I would have picked up RMFRP again after all these years without your character generator.

I probably will get the new edition, but I expect I will stick with using RMFRP unless the new RM is dramatically different and better.
www.chaos8.com

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 11:11:27 AM »
A small bugfix release for Rolemaster Office is available. Latest version is 4.2.6

Bugfixes:
* BASIC: Selected magic realm was not saved if editable (non-magical professions)
* BASIC: Magic realm comboboxes editability
* PDF: Last skill or spell list on page 3 is printed out, now

Offline danskmacabre

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • www.chaos8.com
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »
Thanks!   very useful.  :)
www.chaos8.com

Offline cpf

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 05:37:34 AM »
Great application... Thanks for all the hard work. I agree, I probably wouldnt be playing if it wasnt for RM Office. I wonder if Im doing something wrong but the Cleric always has the evil spell list when generated.....I dont even see the standard spell list in the "Other Base Own Realm" list.

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 06:44:19 AM »
a) these spell lists don't fit 100% into my software architecture, because I started RM Office before I understood these complex rules completely (e.g. the additional base spell lists aren't handled now)
b) I had to assign the evil spell lists to one or more profession (same reason as a) ), otherwise you can't generated an evil cleric, evil magician, evil mentalist ... just ignore the evil lists for your cleric
c) I will fix this issues in the sucessor of RM Office  ;)

Offline Sliphsurfer

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 06:04:09 AM »
Hi Magistrate! Awesome program you have going! I'm only new to Rolemaster (dwarven rogue) but I'm 100% hooked! I was really frustrated with not having a good character tracking program, until I found yours. If i could be so bold, I would like to make a few suggestions.

1. With magical items, would it be possible to allow the 'type' to affect skill categories not just skills and stats? Also with Magical items, could we have a box to check if they are currently in use or not, effectively turning the bonus on or off?

2. In equipment, it would be awesome if we could click the headers (description, location, weight, etc...) to sort by alphabetical or numerical order. To expand on this, having different boxes for weapons, armours, herbs... I guess if we can sort by location this should negate this.

3. There are a lot of modifiers for skill cat. and skill bonuses that can't be modified. In RMO, a skill with no ranks gets a -15 whereas our house rule is a -10. would it be possible to add up and down arrows to change the modifying value or an option/setting in the configuration file?

Hope these suggestions are ok  :) Thanks again for the great program!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »
Sliphsurfer,
 Welcome to the ICE Forums.

Good feedback on the program. It would be nice if there was a GM section that allowed you to alter some of the basic parameters of the rule system and was not easy for a player to just fiddle with.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 10:04:12 AM »
How does one download this?

I keep getting redirected to ob1knorrb's ICE webring.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline Sliphsurfer

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 02:13:50 AM »
Sliphsurfer,
 Welcome to the ICE Forums.

Good feedback on the program. It would be nice if there was a GM section that allowed you to alter some of the basic parameters of the rule system and was not easy for a player to just fiddle with.
MDC

Thanks for the welcome :)

More customisation/flexibility are what's needed I guess. From what I have read here and on other sites while looking for RM software, a lot of people seem to have 'house rules.' Being able to apply these modifiers would certainly be fantastic.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 11:40:29 AM »
How does one download this?

I keep getting redirected to ob1knorrb's ICE webring.

rmfr

I still keep getting redirected using the link in the first post.  No fix?

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 07:24:58 AM »
Hi,

first the download problem: Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/rmoffice/ and there is a big green download button.

Thanks for all the suggestions and I'm sorry that I can't fulfill your wishes, yet. Currently other things (like job/career and painting miniatures) have a higher priority for me, so you all have to wait some time for the successor of RMO which is fully customizable, extremly flexible and much more. I hoped to show you a prototype this year ... but RMO can't feed me ;-)

I will release the version 4.2.7 of RMO in the next weeks. And I have implemented some small features (herb support, order/group your favorites skills) and several bug fixes.
I'm just waiting for some data for the Shadowworld cultures (the everyman/restricted flags are missing for SW cultures)

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »
Rolemaster Office 4.2.7 released! See signature for download link.

Enhancements
BASIC: Herbs and Potion panel and section on the PDF page 4 [Feature 3575230]
PDF: Order/Group favorite skills, weapons and spell lists on the PDF page 1 [Feature 3575229]

Bug Fixes
BASIC: change power manipulation to combined [Bug 3574456]
LOCALE: spanish locale enhancement [Bug 3574458]
BASIC: add missing resource keys for english
BASIC: Add spell casting +25 to talent Exceptional Magical Ability [Bug 3575232]
BASIC: Fix loading character files with Java 7 and talents with progression changes [Bug 3594297]
BASIC: Add Everyman skills for Shadow World culture highlander, sailor, nomad, forest dweller [Bug 3575408]

Offline Sliphsurfer

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 05:59:48 AM »
Fantastic! Looking forward to what you come up with next! :)

Offline danskmacabre

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • www.chaos8.com
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 02:25:06 AM »
yay thanx, checking it out.  :)
www.chaos8.com

Offline Sliphsurfer

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 06:55:08 AM »
Hi Magistrate,

I noticed what I believe to be a few small bugs with the PDF output.
  • When perusing the 'All Skills' list, my Lock Lore total was 4 when in actual fact it is 49 (which displayed correctly on my 'Skills' sheet).
  • The small boxes on the 'Combat Status Sheet' are overlapping/merged in the 'Exhaustion Points' box and the 'Movement' box.

Sorry to bother you I'm just a big fan of the work you are doing. Thanks again for the great program :)

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »
Thank you, sliphsurfer, for your feedback. Could you please send me an email with the character file (the rmo file)? I can't reproduce these bugs. I'll send you a PM with my email.

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RM Office (RMFRP pc/npc generator) V4.3.0
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 11:27:06 AM »
Finally I've released Rolemaster Office 4.3.0 (Download: http://rmoffice.sf.net/)

Changelog:

=== Enhancements ===
* BASIC: Wizard for customized talents/flaws
* PDF: Page 5 (all skills) contains all skills (including custom skill)
* UI: Magical-Item-View and Skill-Table shows custom skills with bold font, spells with italic font
* BASIC: Add magical item feature type: DB, favorite DB items will be displayed under the DB on PDF page 1
* BASIC: Add flaws from character law
* PREF: new key in the user preferences for the default snap action bonus

=== Bug Fixes ===
* PDF: Show max 10 boxes for fate points
* LOCALE: FIX spanish divine status levels
* PDF: FIX internal error if a talent has no text
* BASIC: Improved error handler
* BASIC: Internal error (missing rank causes a NullPointerException)
* PDF: fix ArrayIndexOutOfBounds Exception