Author Topic: Where will you buy your HARP Fantasy?  (Read 10854 times)

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Where will you buy your HARP Fantasy?
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 09:47:20 PM »
I voted PDF's however I do love a good book to flick through.
When all three source books are done Im probly going to fork out to get them as well as the PDF's

so here's my suggestion.  sell the hardcover/paperback editions with unique serial keys (ala PC games) that we can then use to
verify ownership and allow us to download the PDF's for free as needed.

better yet, make is so that you have to register the serial key through this forum to access your pdf will also add members to the forum and help direct players to this wealth of a resource. I for one am aware of at leasta  couple of gaming groups who own ICe products and have no idea that thsee forums even exist.
The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 05:19:03 AM »
Any eta on when I can order a dead tree on the demand version? DTRPG only has PDF at the moment.
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Cyanide Baby

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 06:42:29 PM »
Any eta on when I can order a dead tree on the demand version? DTRPG only has PDF at the moment.

Exact same question.
The PDF is great, but nothing beats a real book.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 12:45:10 AM »
I agree, nothing beats a real book. It is easier to keep track of pages and flip between them much quicker than a PDF. Don't get me wrong PDF's are real handy but not practical in all situations. I actually prefer to purchase from a local gaming store. The one near me needs a lot of support to stay open. The owner is still reluctant to place my ads for HARP demos/events because it isn't a game he actually sells in store. He wants people to play games at his store that he sells so he can make money to stay open.  I remember when there was a gaming store in every mall, the good old days.
I did purchase both the PDF and soft covers of Martial Law and HARP Fantasy, I am awaiting College of Magics in POD version.

Oh and by the way, not everyone owns a PC or a tablet/laptop, so the printed books in store are great for people like that. One of my players only has a smart phone to view the PDF versions.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 06:15:22 AM »
I buy both pdf and the book (generally hard cover). I can't really read a pdf, so I need the book for that but a pdf travels real easy and you can search it if your looking for something that's not in the index. Quite useful.

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 10:35:08 AM »
I just bought the PDF version yesterday.  From what I have read so far, it doesn't look too different from the older version.  Once we get our furlough situation straightened out, I will be buying Martial Law and College of Magics as well.   :)

Unfortunately, we don't have a local gaming store in the area, so I will have to stick to ording the PDFs from RPGNow/DriveThruRPG.
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
If you want hardcopy you can also buy via print on demand from RPGNow and DriveThruRPG.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 07:58:35 AM »
Thanks Thom.  I might have to consider that option.   8)
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline steelfury

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 10:14:45 AM »
When I asked about High Adventure Role-Playing at my local game store they advised that if I liked High Adventure type games I should try D&D!

Purchased PDF online through Drive Thru RPG and printed a nice spiral bound copy (for easy access) at my local office supplies store.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 08:03:24 AM »
For now unfortunately RPGNow and DriveThruRPG are the solutions available to those of you who want the ICE products.  We're looking into options to get this out to the FLGS brick and mortar sites as that helps promote products and facilitates in store demo's and gaming - but many of those solutions come with high cost labor, storage, and capital investment.  We are still looking at it though, and will keep you advised when we have something ready to go.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 08:11:17 AM »
Although there are two dedicated games shops in my area, the best best in the Ann Arbor, MI area would be Vault of Midnight, an "everything hobby" shop. This is mostly because I dislike the location and owner of one game shop, and the tight squeeze of the other.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Charlie Four

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 09:03:45 PM »
I bought the PDFs from RPGNow, because being argentinian it's nearly impossible to get them in physical books.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 05:19:40 AM »
I bought mine a couple of months ago now from drivethruprg. I will buy all my HARP from there an all in pdf format.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Jakob

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Otherland Bookshop - The No. 1 Adress for Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror and Role-Playing Games in Berlin, Germany
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 01:32:47 PM »
Finally made up my mind and ordered HARP Fantasy and Folkways POD hardcopies from drivethru (didn't order the pdfs; usually I do, but I find the pricing for the print/pdf package a little to steep, and print is definitely a must for me). It's a pity that there still seems to be no option for retailers to stock printed ICE products; I'm actually the co-owner of a small sf/fantasy book/rpg shop, and if it should turn out that HARP works for me as a system, I would really like to be able to sell it as well.

Offline Jakob

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Otherland Bookshop - The No. 1 Adress for Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror and Role-Playing Games in Berlin, Germany
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 02:51:54 AM »
Had them in my mail yesterday - I've already had a cursory look at both books and am quite happy. Seems better organized than what I've seen in HARP Lite, and I also like how there are sidebars/boxes that explain the reasoning behind certain options and recommendations. The artwort is a little sub par, but I can live with that.