Author Topic: RMSS - Crit Table Templates  (Read 1685 times)

Offline aarcc

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMSS - Crit Table Templates
« on: December 06, 2012, 06:17:16 AM »
Being a lazy Brit (and a surfer) I can't be assed starting over;

Do any of you guys have the template for the crit tables. I want to do a bit of bespoke work to them to satisfy my sense of order.

Eg. Noticed (once the laughter had died down) when a player the other week got splatted by a 00 "A" Krush, that if it had been a "B or a C" he'd have still been alive. "Them's the breaks".

So when I've got time I'd like to do some reordering so there is a natural progression.

So if you can help great!

Indeed, I did this with the fumble table in 1996 (longhand so no soft copy sorry - what's a PC in 96) so there was a column for Natural Weapons and 66 is hit self or nearest friend and 00 is crit self.

However, because I say that to fumble you must roll a natural roll within the fumble range. This triggers a negative open ended. Then you add the bonus for the attack, if it's above -1 then you just miss.  Used this for years works fine very few fumbles, but that's the way I'm happy with it.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMSS - Crit Table Templates
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »
 I do not know of a blank crit table. What I would do is copy one into photo-shop and erase the text, then print it out.

Even easier would be to just make one in Excel and go from there. But often the printed docs use InDesign for fitting pages and charts from various program into the official PDF form.

MDC
P.S. You might PM Nicholas H.M. Caldwell and ask him if he has a blank as he is the head of Guild Companion Publishing and has the rights to that kind of stuff.
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline aarcc

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:34:14 AM »
I do not know of a blank crit table. What I would do is copy one into photo-shop and erase the text, then print it out.

Even easier would be to just make one in Excel and go from there. But often the printed docs use InDesign for fitting pages and charts from various program into the official PDF form.

MDC

P.S. You might PM Nicholas H.M. Caldwell and ask him if he has a blank as he is the head of Guild Companion Publishing and has the rights to that kind of stuff.

:D Thanks. So who holds the rights to the original prints that could be manipulated. I won't just to shift a few things around rather than go for a 100% re-write.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »

MDC

:D Thanks. So who holds the rights to the original prints that could be manipulated. I won't just to shift a few things around rather than go for a 100% re-write.
You should contact Nicholas IMHO as he would have the best info on that topic.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.