Author Topic: Poisons  (Read 1284 times)

Offline mistrornge

• Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
Poisons
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:20:44 AM »
I have a question on poisons.  Some of the RMFRP poisons are written as, "Level 3C poison."  I have seen other letters after the level designation.  IS there somewhere I can find what the letters stand for?
Thank you
GMing RMFRP in Forgotten Realms
Charles Morris

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Poisons
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 11:52:22 AM »
I don't see any examples, but maybe use the table from page 6 of Creatures & Monsters?
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »
As far as I can remember jdale is exactly correct, the codes use the same rules as for varying creature level as given in Creatures & Monsters.

Offline mistrornge

• Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:07:53 PM »
thanks guys.  that never occurred to me.
GMing RMFRP in Forgotten Realms
Charles Morris

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:02:30 AM »

I did not see any good info in GM Law but here is an educated guess.

From GM Law page 106 "[size=78%]For poisons, the effect is the most severe effect that can be gained with the herb. You must use the tables provided in Section 11.0 (Poison and [/size][size=78%]Diseases) to find the actual effect (based upon the RR of the victim)."[/size]

[size=78%] [/size]On GM Law page 93, it has various charts and info about specific poison's "general" onset and effect. But there are only 4 categories listed of severity, mild, moderate, severe and extreme. But the poisons in the table go from A to E affect wise. If the info in the table went from A to D then I would say that the letters were the max severity a poison started at.
But I could also see the authors cutting the range from 1-5 (A-E) to 1-4 (A-D) for some reason and just missing the clean up in the poison entries.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:38:39 AM »
These came in handy when our Thief was looking for poisons. A partial success resulted in giant centipedes and a book on caring for the beasties. I gave them a 5B circ poison (like Battlepedes), but the B is -2 all the way to +6. One had a lvl 5 circ poison and another had a lvl 7 circ poison. Not a huge difference but it helped. He still had to make some rolls to put it on his weapons..
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"