Author Topic: Harp Fantasy Core Book printed version errata  (Read 29761 times)

Offline Falenthal

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • La Compañía
Re: Harp Fantasy Core Book printed version errata
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2013, 04:23:19 PM »
It's errors that are left in the print version that are annoying (sadly, I don't think you can ever get them all).

Agreed.
I bought my printed copy without PDF and, right now, it's the latest version (Large Cats have a +6 to ST). But I was wondering if there was something that could be made so that we buyers of printed books might get the errata/updates from newer versions. After all, the printed copy is more expensive than the pdf version. I don't mean getting new pdfs for free or things like that, but maybe we could by them for a smaller price, or receive a list of the corrections or something like that. I have no idea of business and costs, so maybe I'm talking nonsense here, but I would be very grateful not to have an errated book just a few months after I bought it.
Other from these, I'm really happy to have bought the book (along with PDFs for Martial Law, Colleg of Magics, AutoHarp, Harp SF and Harp SF Extreme) and the support I feel I'm getting from Thom, Nicholas and everyone in the forum is superb.

The mistakes the books might have are, in my experience and opinion, overly surpassed by the help the creators give in this forums.

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2013, 09:27:14 PM »
It's errors that are left in the print version that are annoying (sadly, I don't think you can ever get them all).

Agreed.
I bought my printed copy without PDF and, right now, it's the latest version (Large Cats have a +6 to ST). But I was wondering if there was something that could be made so that we buyers of printed books might get the errata/updates from newer versions. After all, the printed copy is more expensive than the pdf version. I don't mean getting new pdfs for free or things like that, but maybe we could by them for a smaller price, or receive a list of the corrections or something like that. I have no idea of business and costs, so maybe I'm talking nonsense here, but I would be very grateful not to have an errated book just a few months after I bought it.
Other from these, I'm really happy to have bought the book (along with PDFs for Martial Law, Colleg of Magics, AutoHarp, Harp SF and Harp SF Extreme) and the support I feel I'm getting from Thom, Nicholas and everyone in the forum is superb.

The mistakes the books might have are, in my experience and opinion, overly surpassed by the help the creators give in this forums.

QFT
The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2013, 09:28:38 PM »
Still putting the errata together for this most recent version.  So far it's only been minor typo's.  Once we've got the full list put together (at least as good as we can get it) we'll review the total impact and determine how best to handle it.  I'll definitely bring up this concern.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »
In table 13.4, both the Giant Ape and the Battle Demon have a single treasure code "P2".

Which type should this be? And do they really have the same type?

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »
According to my notes, Giant Ape should be PPP and Battle Demon should be P2 - -

Thanks for catching that.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2013, 03:41:40 PM »
I'm updating the database file for AutoHarp, so I'm going through all of them. I have a few other errors:

Ape, Giant Skills Endurance (18) 86, Table 13.4 hits 176.
Centaur Resistance - Magic (5) 36; Resistance - Stamina (6) 63; Resistance - Will (5) 39; Table 13.4 Stamina 53 Will 29 Magic 26

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »
Giant Ape - 176 is correct and 18 ranks for 86 bonus is correct.
This comes from a base of 60 Endurance with a Size Large 1.5x Endurance multiplier.
60*1.5 = 90 + 86 skill bonus = 176

Centaur - Need to access my files at home for this. My apologies but I am on holiday and won't be home until Sunday.  I'll set up some reminders and follow up on this as soon as I can.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2013, 06:16:28 PM »
This comes from a base of 60 Endurance with a Size Large 1.5x Endurance multiplier.

Centaur - Need to access my files at home for this. My apologies but I am on holiday and won't be home until Sunday.  I'll set up some reminders and follow up on this as soon as I can.

Indeed,

According to table 6.2 18 ranks yields a bonus of 66. So the total would be 66 + 11 (Co Bonus) -1 (SD Bonus) + 90 (60 *1.5 Enlarge Minor) + 10 (Toughness Talent)= 176. I guess the Endurance entry is wrong.

For the Centaur, I get the same number as in the Table 13.4 for Stamina, the other two do not match any number:
Stamina:  30 (6 Ranks) + 8 (Stat Bonus) + 15 (Stamina bonus) = 53
Will: 25 (5 Ranks) + 0 (Stat Bonus) + 10 (Will Bonus) = 35
Magic: 25 (5 Ranks) + 0 (Stat Bonus) + 5 (Magic Bonus) = 30

Let us know which are the correct numbers when you can. Thanks

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2013, 08:49:36 PM »

Indeed,

According to table 6.2 18 ranks yields a bonus of 66. So the total would be 66 + 11 (Co Bonus) -1 (SD Bonus) + 90 (60 *1.5 Enlarge Minor) + 10 (Toughness Talent)= 176. I guess the Endurance entry is wrong.

For the Centaur, I get the same number as in the Table 13.4 for Stamina, the other two do not match any number:
Stamina:  30 (6 Ranks) + 8 (Stat Bonus) + 15 (Stamina bonus) = 53
Will: 25 (5 Ranks) + 0 (Stat Bonus) + 10 (Will Bonus) = 35
Magic: 25 (5 Ranks) + 0 (Stat Bonus) + 5 (Magic Bonus) = 30

Let us know which are the correct numbers when you can. Thanks

In the monster descriptions the Skill Endurance is listed as a skill, not to be confused with the use of it for Concussion Hits (which includes the base Endurance part).  If you want do a standard Endurance skill check then use it without the base Endurance bonus.  It's a bit confusing, and maybe could be spelled out more clearly.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2013, 06:19:43 AM »
It states in the skill description of the Endurance skill that it is the concussion hits of the character/creature. I don't remember reading anywhere that the racial base Endurance bonus was not used for Endurance skill checks.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2013, 06:36:16 AM »
I found another typo in table 13.4.

The Minotaur Stamina Bonus is 6. That's impossible considering it can't be lower than 17 (22 (Stat Bonus)+20(Base Stamina Bonus)-25(0 ranks)).

I'll venture a guess that it is 67 (i.e. 5 Ranks).

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2013, 07:13:11 AM »
Minotaur Stamina... should be 96
20 from racial base
54 from Rank bonus (12 ranks)
22 from stat bonus

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2013, 07:23:19 AM »
It states in the skill description of the Endurance skill that it is the concussion hits of the character/creature. I don't remember reading anywhere that the racial base Endurance bonus was not used for Endurance skill checks.

My apologies. Last reply included my own "house rule" use of Endurance, which should not have been referenced in regards to the book errata.  For the book, Endurance is generally not listed in the description section skill list (appears about 5 times).  This is consistent with Resistance skills. I may have left them in the list in error when they were submitted for inclusion in the revision.  When you see them in the skill list in the description section for each, realize that they do not include the racial base.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »
thanks, I've noted it.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2013, 11:36:38 AM »
I have found another typo on page 163. In the abilities for the Great White Shark the talent Enhanced Smell is listed. It should be Enhanced Scent, I think.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »
And I find some more. There are multiple references to Giantism (Minor), which I can't find in the book. I guess it has been replaced by Enlarge (Minor). I don't think I saw any Giantism (Major).

EDIT: Posted to early, there is also Giantism (Major), spotted in the Abilities for Spider, Greater.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2013, 12:40:56 PM »
I have found another typo on page 163. In the abilities for the Great White Shark the talent Enhanced Smell is listed. It should be Enhanced Scent, I think.

Correct - Enhanced Scent

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »
And I find some more. There are multiple references to Giantism (Minor), which I can't find in the book. I guess it has been replaced by Enlarge (Minor). I don't think I saw any Giantism (Major).

EDIT: Posted to early, there is also Giantism (Major), spotted in the Abilities for Spider, Greater.

Correct, monsters will not have Giantism, it should be Enlarge.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »
Is it normal that the Spider, Greater does not have the talent Natural Weapon?

Offline Glenn_Gould

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »
I've posted that earlier, but probably in a bad location, so not sure whether it was picked up:

The index on p201 still has the talent "Outdoorsman" (pointing to p56) which should be removed from the index. I guess "Outdoorsman" was replaced with "Survivalist" which should be added to the index on p202, pointing to the respective talent on p58.