Author Topic: The Old HARPers Bazaars  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
The Old HARPers Bazaars
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:36:56 AM »
Question for any old HARPers out there, like myself. 

Did ICE stop publishing the HARPers Bazaars after issue #15?  When issue 15 came out is about the time I quit RPGing.  I cannot find any reference to any of these on the internet after issue 15, so I am assuming that was the last one.  They were starting a series of articles on  "Infernals" as part of the "Night's Agents" series which I really liked, so I am just curious.   ???
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: The Old HARPers Bazaars
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 10:20:41 AM »
HARPer's Bazaars were stopped at that time.
At this time they are not in our business plan to restart as we would prefer to focus the resources to provide full, quality, playtested products.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 11:04:52 AM »
Thanks for the answer Thom.
Alwyn Erendil

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline dob85y

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 02:37:00 AM »
What is the status of the printed material within them? Can it be reproduced? I have built a "homebrew" system around them and i still respect copyright.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 04:20:46 AM »
What is the status of the printed material within them? Can it be reproduced? I have built a "homebrew" system around them and i still respect copyright.

It is still copyright material.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline El Streak

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:54:54 AM »
I've just discovered HARP (I'm always late to the party  :))and bought the newest updates of HARP Fantasy, CoM and ML. However, I feel like I'm missing a lot of potentially useful material from the HARPer's Bazaar, the "Codex" (whatever that is), et. al. Is there a legal way I can procure copies?

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 08:51:14 AM »
Ebay would be the only way I think. Or any FLGS that still have some copies of the Codex and/or any other older version books. The Bazaars wouldn't be possible legally, not as far as I know anyway.
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »
For Harper's Bazaar there was the Annual that was released in print form that covers HB1-5 and Hack and Slash.  You may be able to find that in an out of print store, but if you find it available as a PDF (either for free or for money) it is an illegal site. Same for Codex.

Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 12:07:44 AM »
I got lucky and got a physical copy of the codex. I am still looking for a physical copy of Hack & Slash. It's a collectors thing. But I was lucky to be able to recover a lot of the pdf's I had from back in the day and Hack & Slash was one of them. All my physical books got burned up in a fire. There was so many (tear forming), all those RM companions, I had just about every RM book ever published. Can we have a moment of silence please?

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 02:18:39 AM »
There was never a physical book named "Hack & Slash", it was only released in the "Bazaar Anual".

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 06:56:12 AM »
All my physical books got burned up in a fire. There was so many (tear forming), all those RM companions, I had just about every RM book ever published.

I'm sorry to say that I know the feeling. The same happened to me just this last winter.

They say misery loves company, but personally I'd rather be the only person this has happened to.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 12:42:05 AM »
To be honest I was surprised to hear it had lasted that long.
I was "indisposed" by the military for a few years and did not really have access to it all. A year or two before I was suddenly uprooted and transferred I had kicked my ex wife out. Oddly enough she was the one who came to my rescue and put all my stuff in storage in her garage. But the house they lived in had "old" wiring and a fire happened on Christmas day (or shortly thereafter) and no one was home. Luckily the garage is not attached to the house and a neighbor had seen the smoke early. From what I understand there wasn't much structure damage.

But I have a new job now and other than building a new PC and saving up for Gencon this year I can start getting all my old stuff back. Blessed be Amazon, and Ebay, and Noble knight (etc)!

Bruce

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 12:46:17 AM »
There was never a physical book named "Hack & Slash", it was only released in the "Bazaar Anual".

Actually there was a PDF book called Hack & Slash I believe it was released in 2004 or 2005.

Bruce

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 01:47:39 AM »
Yes, Hack & Slash was released as PDF in 2005. Afterwards it was rereleased in the Bazaar Annual in 2006, which was also available as a dead-tree-version.

There was also a Revision of Hack & Slash in the Harper's Bazaar #14 in 2009.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 11:26:01 AM »
Yes, Hack & Slash was released as PDF in 2005. Afterwards it was rereleased in the Bazaar Annual in 2006, which was also available as a dead-tree-version.

I'm not sure if I have or have seen the Harper's Bazaar #14. I would need to dig into my old archives and see if it is in there. I'd like to see what was revised.

Bruce

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 04:24:58 PM »

I'm not sure if I have or have seen the Harper's Bazaar #14. I would need to dig into my old archives and see if it is in there. I'd like to see what was revised.

Bruce

Basically HB 14 added Attack Size Combat/Crit Tables, randomizing crit rule modifications, and breaking the "150" on the attack tables to the H&S system.
Alwyn Erendil

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Tommi

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 07:17:02 AM »
I just noticed that I have bazaars only to 12. What was in HB13?
Were there more than one Harpers Grimoire? Pdf-file was named as HG1...

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »
Quote from: HB#13
Introduction ..................................................................... 1
New Races ......................................................................... 2
Ceanid ....................................................................... 2
Vulfen ........................................................................ 2
New Culture ..................................................................... 3
Aquatic ...................................................................... 3
Herbalism ......................................................................... 4
Adventure: In Search of Valen .......................................... 8

There was only 1 Harper's Grimoire and most spells were re-released in "HARP - The Codex".

Offline Tommi

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 02:09:00 AM »
WoeRie
Kiitos  or  Thank you.