Author Topic: Mass Flesh Destruction and Black Channels  (Read 1210 times)

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Mass Flesh Destruction and Black Channels
« on: January 14, 2014, 11:54:51 AM »
Is Mass Flesh Destruction supposed to be used with Black Channel I?
One of my players is casting this combo and trying to induce coma in way too many targets, for my taste.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
Re: Mass Flesh Destruction and Black Channels
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 07:48:46 AM »
I looked in the RMSS Spell law and there is no prohibition on it. In RMU there is a specific prohibition against both disruption spells and black channels.

If you want to stay RAW, then I might say that you can't really choose your black channel: it is supposed to be a cultural thing. So if you made Londarin's hand the culturally associated BC, then... good luck (it does not carry a specific RR penalty though)

If you stay in the wording of the spell (which I sometimes have to pull from the box of GM tricks) then it may only disrupt flesh... So I'd only allow BC I: 1 and 3.

Then again: is this worse then Long flesh destruction (yes this a bit of a stretch but it says; ANY single lower level spell and since this may be used as ANY lower level spell you can vary effects on each target (BIG stretch), or break limb, collapse lung or Disruption V...?

This is one of the reasons why I do not like people taking sorcerer. This caster has some very nasty spells, which do well as adversarial spells, but are a little too advantageous for PCs... and game breaking for too clever PCs.
Game On!

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Mass Flesh Destruction and Black Channels
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:50:14 PM »
Thanks for the response, VladD.
I don't like "coma" because the lack of detail.
The PC's tore through lesser troops with Mass Flesh Destruction: Breaklimbs and Mass ToD and I'm ok with that. Just don't like the ambiguity of coma.
They did learn that you can't put demons in a coma. When they started to balk, I asked them if they'd allow a Fire Elemental to be placed in a coma. That answered it. :-)
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"