Author Topic: HARP status?  (Read 5157 times)

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
HARP status?
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:45:36 AM »
Am I just missing something or has RMU sucked all the life out of the HARP fantasy projects? It seems like the last two books that were in progress, the update for loot and the bestiary have been on hold and the other long term projects, something wicked, construct toolkit, and races and cultures have all dropped of the face of the earth.
Is ICE going to continue with HARP fantasy?
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: HARP status?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »
My understanding is that demands from the professional life of many GCP members have slowed the production of most projects, not just HARP, but RMU, Cyradon and other products as well. The are all continuing, just more slowly.

Everybody working on these projects are mostly doing so on a part-time basis.

We just have to be patient with them and give them the time to produce excellent products.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »
All projects continue to move forward.

Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 07:10:26 AM »
GCP and ICE are still continuing with HARP Fantasy. No one was expecting me to get quite so overwhelmed for so long at my new job. Only two more lectures to write (and I already have them planned) and then I should be returning to a more normal workload in the real world.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »
Glad to hear it since it is the only supported rule system I am following at the moment.
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:53:54 PM »
I have been waiting to purchase dead tree copies of the new HARP rules until the corrected PDF's are uploaded to RPG Now.
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
All projects continue to move forward.

Good news at least, sorry you all are getting swamped with real world stuff.  Please keep up the good work as you have time. 
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Tricksterdog

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 12:52:09 AM »
Is there any idea when Something Wicked will come out? Maybe in 2015?

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 02:21:27 PM »
Is there any idea when Something Wicked will come out? Maybe in 2015?

The contents of the Undead, Elementals and Demons chapters from Something Wicked will be appearing in HARP Bestiary. The rest of the Something Wicked manuscript will be updated to conform to the enhanced HARP Fantasy rules and be published after that.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »
Any chance the HARP Bestiary will be out before Christmas?
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 12:44:01 AM »

No. Too much still to do.

I am hoping to have Tales from the Green Gryphon Inn out, hopefully TGA#4 and second RMU beta Arms&Character.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Tricksterdog

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 11:30:45 PM »
Thanks for the update. Can't wait for the HARP Bestiary to come out. Been throwing around an idea of a campaign with Elementalists vs Demonologists/ Necromancers. Might have to play around with a few other ideas in the interim.

Offline Jaeru

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 05:40:12 AM »
Is there a need to playtest the new critters?

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 01:16:53 PM »

No. Too much still to do.

I am hoping to have Tales from the Green Gryphon Inn out, hopefully TGA#4 and second RMU beta Arms&Character.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Bummer.  I was really hopeful that we might see the HARP Bestiary by Christmas. :( 

Until it comes out I guess I will have to keep using Creatures & Treasures for other monsters.
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »
So, it isn't clear from the Jan update if we can actually expect Bestiary out this year....  It has been a very long time for any really new product to come out for HARP.  It is starting to feel a little reminiscent of the previous management.....

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »
I'm no longer a victim of "new shiny", thankfully I got that out of my system when I realized just how much stuff I had for AD&D 2E. By coincidence, I happened to randomly open to Grenade-like attacks when I was looking for something else. Again, I'm appreciating how much simpler HARP is compared to other systems.

Yes, there are books I'm waiting for, and Bestiary is one of them. I have one RPG that has had no updates in 13 years, though the son of the authors is old enough to be interested, and there has been word of a sourcebook in the works. As the RPG in question, World Tree, is a labor of love, it'll get done when it gets done. Just like the partial fursuit I'm making.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline John Duffield

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Life often teaches what we don't want to learn
    • Ennyn
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 05:59:54 AM »
As one of the authors I can say that we are progressing.  Last year was a bad year all round, one of the authors lost their house to a fire, the rest of us had some serious issues in the real world (I was made redundant and had to find new work). 

Rest assured the book is coming along and, from my perspective, I have more time this year to dedicate to finishing my sections and helping with others.

It will be worth the wait so hang in there :)
My website : Ennyn

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »
I know that HARP Fantasy's core book, College of Magics, and Martial Law are all out. So what books are we waiting for? The Bestiary and Something Wicked have been talked about, but now I'm hearing about Folkways.
#LotorAllura2024

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 10:58:42 AM »
HARP Folkways - a races and culture sourcebook with new races, new cultures, new professions and a lot of guidance on how to construct cultures.

Plus Bestiary, plus an enhanced version of Loot: a Field Guide, and plus Something Wicked.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 08:17:54 AM »
I'd remembered a new version of Loot being waffly. So culture guidance in Folkways, creature creation guidance in the Bestiary, I imagine.

While I have done "shiny new toy" to death, I also decided there were a few games and settings I would expand, and HARP is on that short list. Not that many books for a "full set".
#LotorAllura2024