Author Topic: AutoHarp - Ratings and News  (Read 2490 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
AutoHarp - Ratings and News
« on: December 10, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
Hi guys!

David here, author of AutoHarp. I'm getting back into coding again after a nice grueling semester of school and am hoping to *finally* finish off the Custom Database program I've working on now for too long. I am about 1/4 of the way through, however as I finish more of the application it gives me more templates to finish the rest quicker. So I'm hoping I can finish this in 30 days. In 30 days its back to school, so I better get cracking on it, eh?

Also, I have noticed I have neglected to participate in some of the discussions that happen on RPGNow concerning the autoHarp application. I'm trying to steer people there to here and to SourceForge. But I do have a favor to ask those who have purchased the application. There was an honest review from a user having considerable issues with installation. I hope he came here or I was able to help him from SourceForge, unfortunately it seems to be the only review for the software and I was hoping that it wouldn't be the only review as I think it may give people the wrong idea. I was hoping the lot of you who have used the program could spend a few minutes, go onto the RPGNow website and rate the application and give some honest feedback to better reflect the feelings I get here which certainly seem more upbeat and positive. I would greatly appreciate that. If you have more time, I would appreciate it as well going to the SourceForge website found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/autoharpsuite/ and do the same kind of feedback. Go ahead and just copy and paste.  8)

So... back to work on the software. Hoping for a release sometime January. Here's a teaser.

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
Re: AutoHarp - Ratings and News
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 05:45:44 PM »
Awesome news!! I will work on a review.
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »
Quick update: Custom Database is still ongoing. I still have Statistics, Talents and Training Packages to code and then a few more little things to add to the application and then I should be ready to run through the application and test it. Once I run through it testing wise, I will box it up and call it a beta. The application is separate from AutoHarp so it will be  it's own .exe.

I'm thinking I will be finished with the initial coding by the end of January. I should finish testing by the end of February. I am hoping that I will have a beta to release by the end of March. I still need to make sure the application is tested and works for Linux.

I haven't seen much action when it comes for bugs or enhancements so I'm thinking 1.0.5 is very stable. If not, please, please, please let me know what issue you are having and I can fix them for version 1.0.6. One thing to mention is that this version of the Custom Database only works for Harp Fantasy. Harp Sci-Fi will have to come after. Harp Sci-Fi requires more database additions but there is also another section for Harp Sci-Fi Extreme which is a whole other custom database.

So things are moving along.

Cheers

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:02:16 AM »
Hi AutoHarpers!

I need help.

It appears we are getting only people who want to give negative reviews on RPGNow for AutoHarp. I feel this grossly misrepresents the software as I know there are people here who are having positive experiences. People who read these reviews are going to past it up. This also puts the publisher in a negative light as well. I am humbly asking for people here using the program to offer a more wide range of reviews and opinions. I'm not asking you to only give a positive review, but an honest review. I know there are people here who have more things to say about the software than what is appearing on RPGNow which is all geared towards people who install the application but fail to install any books and assume the software is broken because they see a demo.

So, I humbly ask people here, please please please, go to RPGNow, please give your honest review that better describes AutoHarp. I'm a bit embarassed by the negative reviews on RPG. :(

Thank you one and all. Cheers! :)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 11:31:18 AM »
Weekly update:

I am currently half way through on getting on a first draft (initial testing phase) I currently have 8 more categories in the database to cover. I may be able to get through this in the next two weeks. However I still have yet to even touch and code Weapons and criticals. That will add another two weeks to the release date. I also still need to do a final test which should take about a week and then finally I need to test it under Ubuntu which should also take a week. So it's looking like 5 to 6 weeks until I have this done. Sometime in March, 1.06 should have a release.

A Custom DB for Harp Sci-Fi will be released shortly after that... for version 1.07 which I am also hoping to include an NPC generator. That will probably have a July/August release.

I have a thread for people to place questions, bugs and enhancement requests for version 1.06 and the sourceforge page has a list of tickets for me to address. If you want you can just write up a ticket as well. Don't worry if you think the ticket isn't a bug. I don't mind the ticket. I will address it and give it a response as soon as can.

Thanks!