Author Topic: Culture skill ranks and the resistances  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Culture skill ranks and the resistances
« on: February 15, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
I remember way back when in the original rules for HARP there were no resistance skills, but they were eventually added. From what I know the culture ranks were at a set 20 free ranks max even before the resistance skills were added. I think there should be some kind of additional free ranks that go into the resistances based on each specific culture (in addition to the racial bonuses). I am thinking there should be 4 ranks to go between the 3 resistances and would vary based on the culture.
Opinions?

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Culture skill ranks and the resistances
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 10:03:14 PM »
Every character gets a base bonus in some (or all) of the resistances based upon their race.
Every character gets a batch of profession skill ranks (including some in General) which can again be used to expand Resistance.
Cultural ranks allowing further rank development is fine, but you need to watch out for your rank limits.  If you don't have these count against the rank limits then you run the risk of people overloading their resistances.  If you count it then your balance is retained.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Re: Culture skill ranks and the resistances
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 10:19:58 PM »
Of course. I like the current rank limits as is so I would not allow anyone to "over develop" pass those level limits.
That reminds me, I need to implement some kind of script in my auto PDF to follow that rule.

I was simply thinking of adding a set of additional skill ranks for the resistances to all the cultures. With this rule everyone would have 24 ranks gained from their culture instead of 20.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!