Author Topic: Shadow World specific weapons in HARP?  (Read 2779 times)

Offline danskmacabre

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • www.chaos8.com
Shadow World specific weapons in HARP?
« on: June 12, 2006, 05:26:44 AM »
Has anyone converted the Shadow world specific weapons to harp?

Such as the Kynacs and so on?
www.chaos8.com

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Shadow World specific weapons in HARP?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:10:40 AM »
Has anyone converted the Shadow world specific weapons to harp?

Such as the Kynacs and so on?
I don't think there's actually all that much to convert. HARP has a much simplified weapon system to RM, so all you really need to decide is whether the weapon does slash, puncture or crush, and then whether its small, medium or large. For the Kynac I would say its a small punture weapon, with a range increment of 10', a point blank range of 5', and a point blank modifier of +10.

Hawk

Offline danskmacabre

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • www.chaos8.com
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:47:47 AM »
I see what you mean, bu the Kynac gets innate bonuses to attack, but the RM tables have a higher cap than the HARP tables, so just purely adding the RM bonuses seems too generous.

However, your point is taken.
www.chaos8.com

Offline Tommi

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 03:29:19 AM »
I've modified about on third of HARP weapons to give them a bit character. Small changes like faclhion +5 OB (no effect to damage cap) but -5 Init +1 to Fumble, Sabre -x vs metal armours but +y to init... 

Kynack could be +5 OB, small Puncture, medium puncture vs no armour or soft leather... 

If you want balance rising something lowers something like +5 to OB vs metal armours +1 to fumble -2 init.

Changing init mod, fumble range, instrict ob and modifying damage cap in certain area gives desired  variety to weapons. My players are happyer now than before.

All numbers are pre counted in char sheet so effect to gaming speed is from zero to minimal (in case of varying damage cap or OB variation depending on 'armor type'/ armor material) compared to thinking about combat actions (pover attack fencing slash..)