Author Topic: Strange Lack of Activity on the HARP Forums  (Read 5665 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: Strange Lack of Activity on the HARP Forums
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2015, 11:34:41 PM »
Hmmm.

A steampunk world based on victorian earth that discovers a way to create portals to other places.  Are those other places different planets or different dimensions or different timelines..... hard to say.  They are just someplace else.  Some places have fantasy tech with magic, others have steam age Silth, runcori, and other races.  The portals can only be created high above the ground (necessitating airships) and the magic worlds provide the high energy density power sources (PP can only regenerate in a world with natural magic - but spells can be used with stored PP anywhere). 

I do believe that is a setting I could work with.

Regards,
-Pyrotech

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2015, 08:48:12 AM »
Perhaps something like the limited run of nWoD character type books (I can't really call them settings, as it's all the same universe). As I mentioned before I don't mind settings, I just have a problem when there's setting saturation, for lack of a better term.

Also, there may still be my one-shot adventure buried somewhere in the ICE forums archives. Whether it's there or not, I will also search for it among my files. It does require a bit of creativity on the GM's part though.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »
As Nicholas has indicated and in the briefings he has shared, there are numerous HARP projects in the works.
Folkways, Bestiary, adventures, setting material and more....  Sorry to hear you opted to check out other options, but hopefully as the products are released you'll see that while the wait may have been long - the products that come out bring you back.

And we are looking forward to every one of them. :)   It has just been a long wait it seems.

I have not given up hope on HARP, it is still my favorite RPG system, and I am still running HARP.  As a matter of fact, I am currently reincarnating my old HARP Middle Earth campaign utilizing the optional rules in the "Adapting HARP to Middle Earth for Campaigns in the Late Third Age" article from Other Minds Magazine Issue #15.  Which by the way is an excellent RPG e-zine for anyone who is interested in Tolkien's works.

I did not mean to generate such a flurry of messages, but I am glad to see that HARP is in no danger of going away.

HARP on my friends.   ;D
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2015, 12:44:02 PM »
While I did not find the adventure I wrote, either here or among my own files, I did find everything else related to it: the backgrounds of the mother and hatchling dragon, and the PCs I had made for the one-shot. At the con I ran it, the dragons were air dragons and the mother was also a 20th-level warrior mage.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Karizma

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2015, 07:59:58 PM »
Well I'll be coming back I think!  I was looking at the RMU material and it's been nice and interesting so far, but then I'll come back and look at HARP and I remember why I like it so much.

I joined up a D&D4e group, but the DM got busy with work and school, so I think I just inherited the iron gauntlet of power. So They'll be going from 4e to HARP, which will be interesting.

When I was running HARP a few years ago in college I ended up utilizing a lot of house rules... which mostly seem to have been integrated into the new HARP Fantasy, which means I'll probably be running it without all my house rules. Except how I plan to handle inventory. I want to try out this idea of using index cards as "bags" and such, and items have sizes which take up lines on the card. This lets players Tetris items onto the index cards, and then instead of worrying about the weight, you just see how many index cards the character is holding. When they need to move around in combat, they can "drop a pack" and flip the card over, and if they want to access an item they have to return to the pack. Also makes it easy for the GM to track the player's inventory! But I'll post that when I refine it a bit.

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »
Karizma,

Your idea sounds interesting, could make for some fun times when characters want to try a ready an item during combat.
Alwyn Erendil

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2015, 07:43:33 AM »
If it works for your group great. As for me, I think I'd find that more tedious than just listing the weights.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2015, 12:28:48 PM »
Isn't it ironic that a thread about a strange lack of activity is now at it's third page.  ;D

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2015, 03:03:00 PM »
Yep, it sure is.   ;)  This is a good thing though.

Alwyn Erendil

Don't worry, be HARPy!