Author Topic: Shadowblade spell  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Phij

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Shadowblade spell
« on: January 28, 2017, 06:55:22 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm currently playing a Shadowblade in a campaign, and I had a discussion (in fact, multiple discussions :)) with my GM concerning the shadowblade spell.

it is written in this spell that the shape of the blade is up to the caster but that it does a Tiny cold critical. However there is a scaling option allowing to raise the critical level (+4 PP each raise).

Question is, is it possible to scale the damage above the natural size of the weapon ?

Exemple : I'm using a short sword (small critical). Can I raise the critical of my shadowblade spell to Huge ?

If yes, we don't understand the motivation for the additional 2PP scaling option to create a 2handed weapon (more cost, no benefits) apart for the stylish look !

I know that GM should (and will) have the last word on this, but he is still undecided on this point (thus my question :))

Thanks for your help, and a nice day to all !

Phij

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Shadowblade spell
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 12:42:23 PM »
As written in Codex, the intention was that the created shadowblade would deliver a Tiny Cold critical only (not a Slash or Puncture or anything else). To deliver larger Cold criticals, scaling is required. The two-handed scaling option as written is of no value other than aesthetic.

The spell will be revised for Something Wicked.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Phij

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Shadowblade spell
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »
Many thanks for your answer Nicholas !

Can't wait for Something Wicked :)

Regards,

Phij