Author Topic: Transfer to Rolemaster  (Read 1338 times)

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Transfer to Rolemaster
« on: December 19, 2015, 03:25:45 PM »
I was wondering if one was to transfer characters from HARP to Rolemaster what you would use as the HARP spell Sanctuary in Rolemaster. The only thing I can think of would be Curtain Wall from RMCIII, a coven spell of 35th level, although that would offer a bit more that the Sanctuary, especially as it stays in existence.
On the other hand, while a 15th level HARP character could very well use the Sanctuary spell, a 15th level RM2 character would definitely have his difficulty in even learning, let alone casting Curtain Wall.
Any thoughts?
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Re: Transfer to Rolemaster
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »
Converting singular spells from HARP to RM's spell list system is a little more difficult than going from RM to HARP. You will loose a lot of the spells you had from the spell list in RM simply because they do not yet exist in HARP.  There are similar spells but most of them do not add up correctly. Any character being converted will technically  have to redevelop the character from 1st level and develop all the skills and spells from there. With that being said if your familiar with the spell creation system in HARP College of Magics then you could easily develop all the spells you want to convert over to RM. This could take a while but luckily I have developed a HARP spell creator to make it easier. Here is a link to the file in the vault: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item901

I hope this helps and good luck!
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!