Author Topic: Other Averages for <Racial> Blood Greater  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Other Averages for <Racial> Blood Greater
« on: January 03, 2016, 07:54:14 PM »
If a character takes the Strong Influence option as one of their two replacements for the base race, the lifespan is averaged. Would it also make sense to average the starting heights, weights, and weight modifiers?

I'm making some characters to show my group how combat works in HARP, one of whom is half Elf, half Halfing. Already I averaged the starting ages of the races.

Thank you.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Other Averages for <Racial> Blood Greater
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:28:27 AM »
Whether you select "Strong Influence" or not, I have always used a weighted average for height, weight and age when calculating randomly, and used the min/max range when manually assigning (which I sometimes do to fit a specific character or NPC).

For your half-elf/half-halfing I would use:
* Age - adulthood = 50, lifespan = 340, increment 6.5
* Height - Male = 4' 3" base, Female = 4' base
* Weight - Male = 85 base modifier 1.5,  Female = 70 base modifier 1.5

The reason why I said weighted average, is if you get a little crazy with it and go with a half-human, quarter elf, quarter dwarf.... (50% of human values + 25% of elven + 25% halfling)

* Age - adulthood = 34, lifespan = 220, increment 4.25
* Height - Male = 5' 1" base, Female = 4' 7" base
* Weight - Male = 132.5 base modifier 3.25,  Female = 95 base modifier 2.75

Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Other Averages for <Racial> Blood Greater
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »
I guess in another printing that should be above choosing the replacing abilities. So far in my pregens, Halflings seem to be the dominant race, followed closely by Dwarfs. It also seems that in these random characters, Halflings, Dwarves, and the occasional Gryx like to interbreed. After making my half Elf, half Halfling (originally Half Elf, Half Gnome), I set up a random system for determining races after rejecting "playable monsters" mostly because of a lack of height and weight charts. My full bloods are an elf, two halflings, and a human. I did one character for each profession. Right now, most of them don't even have talents picked.
#LotorAllura2024