Author Topic: Is there any HARP Loot Errata?  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Is there any HARP Loot Errata?
« on: December 04, 2016, 07:53:07 PM »
I am looking to purchase the softcover and eventually the hardcover for HARP Loot (for that matter I still need to get the hardcover version of the other books. But I am weary to get it just yet because of possible errata. I have not looked through the PDF I purchased that much yet so I have not noticed any errata. Has anyone else found any errors or inconsistencies?

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Is there any HARP Loot Errata?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 09:02:53 AM »
I've been reading through Loot and liking a lot of the ideas about "loot" being more than physical treasure depending on profession. Also I think there was a certain magic thing near the end of the book. Last I read there were no plans on redoing Loot.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 03:58:58 PM »
I've been reading through Loot and liking a lot of the ideas about "loot" being more than physical treasure depending on profession. Also I think there was a certain magic thing near the end of the book. Last I read there were no plans on redoing Loot.
You do know they just released an updated version earlier this month right?

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 01:28:29 PM »
Okay. I found some errata in the new HARP Loot. At least in the printed version what I found is not in the PDF.

The entire first half of the book is filled with some kind of poetry. They are all double spaced and take up way to much space for what they are.

I think I will contact RPGNow and see if I can get a refund because this is really annoying when I open the book.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 01:51:57 PM »
Okay. I found some errata in the new HARP Loot. At least in the printed version what I found is not in the PDF.

The entire first half of the book is filled with some kind of poetry. They are all double spaced and take up way to much space for what they are.

I think I will contact RPGNow and see if I can get a refund because this is really annoying when I open the book.

Correction, it is the 1st 3rd of the book that is filled with mostly depressing poetry.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 03:21:03 AM »
This sounds like a printer's error at book assembly. Can you take some photos of the offending pages and send them to me at director@guildcompanion.com

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 04:37:27 PM »
This sounds like a printer's error at book assembly. Can you take some photos of the offending pages and send them to me at director@guildcompanion.com

Best wishes,
Nicholas

I contacted customer support at oneBookShelf. They asked for some photos and are sending me a new book. It looks like the first part of the book is a different product as it has it's own product number...lol. I may keep this book for reference and it may even turn out to be a collector's item.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »

Best wishes,
Nicholas

I contacted customer support at oneBookShelf. They asked for some photos and are sending me a new book. It looks like the first part of the book is a different product as it has it's own product number...lol. I may keep this book for reference and it may even turn out to be a collector's item.

Wow, that's a new one. No wonder you were disappointed when you got it!
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 11:23:29 AM »

Wow, that's a new one. No wonder you were disappointed when you got it!

OnebookShelf was quick to offer a replacement (without me having to send in the original) so I am thinking this has happened before. The two order numbers were almost identical, with one sequential number off. The one for the poems seems like it is a previous product number than the HARP Loot product number.