Friends and Rivals

Author Topic: cross over to HARP SCI FI  (Read 237 times)

Offline dranthor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
cross over to HARP SCI FI
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »
Has anyone done a cross over skill list for HARP fantasy and HARP Sci fi?  I have both in my world.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
Re: cross over to HARP SCI FI
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 07:50:24 AM »
I can see where SF skills could be used in Fantasy and vice versa. As I am working on starting a Science Fantasy game (start in SF that works its way into Fantasy), I am even considering making Mystical Arts and Scientific the same category for cross overs. One thing I have noticed is that the SF book refers to the previous printing of Fantasy regarding separate skills vs. subskills, whereas HARP Fantasy automatically uses subskills.
To blame thy tool is to reveal thine own incompetence.

Refrain from use of the word "peeps", we are not marshmallow chickens or kangar-, em bunnies.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points 0/0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 12:36:20 PM »
I would not merge Mystical and Scientific. This would make a supercategory that would be far too powerful.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:22:54 AM »
I hadn't thought of it that way, and I can see how it would be a problem with additional professions. My reasoning was on the idea that in worlds where magic exists, magic is science. Always nice to get other opinions before implementing something.
To blame thy tool is to reveal thine own incompetence.

Refrain from use of the word "peeps", we are not marshmallow chickens or kangar-, em bunnies.

Real Roleplaying