Castles and Ruins

Author Topic: HARP Folkways  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Glenn_Gould

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
Re: HARP Folkways
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 05:50:58 AM »
I think a 6 rank skill (singing) slipped through the edition process, in the "Ululateors of Hark" training package. All the other training packages have been edited to match the "max 5 ranks per skill" rule, but here, public speaking got an extra rank which wasn't taken away from singing.

I like the extracted racial talents in the master talent list!

PS: https://www.qtrac.eu/diffpdf.html seems to be a nice way, to get a quick overview of changes between PDFs (showing them side-by-side with differences highlighted)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2017, 08:45:58 PM »
Speaking of Training Packages, I'm a little confused by one skill with the "Ways of the Forestals". It gives you ranks in a specific Foraging/Survival subskill.
To blame thy tool is to reveal thine own incompetence.

Refrain from use of the word "peeps", we are not marshmallow chickens or kangar-, em bunnies.

Offline jasonyarnell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
Point Values
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2017, 12:30:35 PM »
Hello, is there a point value for Flight? Also what is the point value (reduction?) for Hollow Bones?

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points 553/553
  • Awards OIC Member
    • Awards
Re: Point Values
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2017, 01:08:32 PM »
Hello, is there a point value for Flight? Also what is the point value (reduction?) for Hollow Bones?
I don't believe either of those are selectable as talents. But if they were I would think they would go hand in hand, meaning you can't have Flight without Hollow Bones, though one might have Hollow Bones without Flight. Though I am not sure why someone would want that.

Hollow Bones as a talent by itself sounds more like a flaw and HARP does not currently use flaws.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2017, 07:24:29 AM »
Flight does have a value in HARP SF: 20 DP. In the Folkways Blood Talents Flight and Hollow Bones are paired for Faleeka.

As for HARP not using flaws, mostly true. Exceptions: several monster races as PCs, Krakur (SF), Silth (SF), and Faleeka (FW). At least for goblinoid races and Faleeka cross breeds, if you remove the talent the limitation is tied to the limitation is removed as well.

Refrain from use of the word "peeps", we are not marshmallow chickens or kangar-, em bunnies.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points 0/0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2017, 01:24:39 PM »
Speaking of Training Packages, I'm a little confused by one skill with the "Ways of the Forestals". It gives you ranks in a specific Foraging/Survival subskill.

Treat it as Foraging/Survival. It is a holdover.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

• OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2017, 01:25:19 PM »
I think a 6 rank skill (singing) slipped through the edition process, in the "Ululateors of Hark" training package. All the other training packages have been edited to match the "max 5 ranks per skill" rule, but here, public speaking got an extra rank which wasn't taken away from singing.

I like the extracted racial talents in the master talent list!

PS: https://www.qtrac.eu/diffpdf.html seems to be a nice way, to get a quick overview of changes between PDFs (showing them side-by-side with differences highlighted)

Missed the spare Singing rank. Swap it for something else that works for you.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

• OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2017, 01:30:39 PM »

HARP SF has point values for Flight because it is more likely to be acquired by technological means. You can safely use those costs.

For races, we give three special abilities. Additional abilities will be paired with a suitable weakness. In HARP, unlike Rolemaster, I don't require races or professions to be exactly balanced in terms of DPs but they must fall within an acceptable range.

In due course, DP costs for many more talents will appear in HARP Bestiary.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline jasonyarnell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2017, 09:13:26 PM »

HARP SF has point values for Flight because it is more likely to be acquired by technological means. You can safely use those costs.

For races, we give three special abilities. Additional abilities will be paired with a suitable weakness. In HARP, unlike Rolemaster, I don't require races or professions to be exactly balanced in terms of DPs but they must fall within an acceptable range.

In due course, DP costs for many more talents will appear in HARP Bestiary.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm in the process of building my own races so having the costs separated and known are very helpful for me.

Offline jasonyarnell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
Natural Weapons
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2017, 11:36:46 AM »
Is there a point value for Natural Weapons?

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2017, 08:03:32 AM »
Noticed a few more of the Folkways TPs have the holdover of giving ranks in specific subskills.

Guild Adventurer