Author Topic: Talent "Aggression"  (Read 4252 times)

desert_rhino

Talent "Aggression"
« on: August 07, 2007, 05:54:02 PM »
So, the talent Aggression gives a magic user a +10 on elemental attacks.  The question that came up today is whether that should apply to ball spells as well as directed elemental spells.

Any thoughts?  (I could see the +10 to directed coming from a good focus on keeping the bolt "on target", and ball spells are just ball spells... or perhaps allowing the +10 only on the targetted center of effect being?)

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Talent "Aggression"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:27:22 PM »
I apply it to all elemental spells, which goes outside the talents definition, but then, I have always prefered my definitions.  Thats why I am the GM ;)

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline jeff

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:56:13 PM »
Yamma your such a bad ass.  ;D

Good luck on GM'ing JV
JBailey

desert_rhino

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 08:06:21 PM »
Hey, Jeff!  It should be fun.  :)

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:27:52 PM »
I apply it to all elemental attacks, bolts and balls. For balls it means that you add 10 against all targets in the ball's area, since IMHO the bonus doesn't mean that your have a better aim with elemental attacks, but that you put more energy in them, making them stronger.
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »
Yes for bolts you add it to the spells and if you have the Essence Comp you use the targeting skill for ball attacks.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Dark Schneider

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • El único, genial e inimitable Dark Schneider.
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 08:46:40 AM »
I apply it to all elemental spells, which goes outside the talents definition

Not, it says 'elemental spells', so it includes balls and is not outside the talent definition. Spending 7 talent points (14 in our case) for only a +10 to 'bolts' is not balanced with the 'base spells' option with the same talent.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 10:22:41 AM »
Yes for bolts you add it to the spells and if you have the Essence Comp you use the targeting skill for ball attacks.
MDC

Which would be outside the rules as stated as the targeting skill is for non-attack spells.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 07:49:35 PM »
MDC

Which would be outside the rules as stated as the targeting skill is for non-attack spells.
Sorry if I got it wrong. I use it for walls, radius spells like sleep and stun cloud also. So they have to develope it for each class of spell.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 03:19:51 PM »
Sorry if I got it wrong. I use it for walls, radius spells like sleep and stun cloud also. So they have to develope it for each class of spell.
MDC

Which it can also be used for as aggression can be used for +10 on elemental spells or +10 on the BAR, you get to chose which.  This is from the RMSS Talent Law, the RMFRP version might be different.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 01:45:19 PM »
RMFRP Agression is basically the same.