Author Topic: Healing with the Life Point System  (Read 2442 times)

Offline masque1223

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Healing with the Life Point System
« on: August 19, 2007, 04:44:28 PM »
I'm going to be starting up a HARP campaign soon, and my players aren't particularly fond of crit tables, so I was probably going to use the Life Point system.  I understand how it works pretty well, but I was just wondering how to apply healing to the Life Points.  Has anyone used those rules, and if so, what did you decide?  If there was some kind of official position from ICE, that'd be cool to know, too.

I was considering using the bleeding guidelines and substituting "heal x Life Points" for "reduce bleeding by x points", but that seemed too powerful, considering how few Life Points people will have.  I could halve those numbers, but I figured I'd ask for opinions.

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Re: Healing with the Life Point System
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 03:08:57 AM »
There are rules somewhere I thought, but I can't remember where but will have a look - probably while someone else posts the answer here .... (an amazingly unhelpful post, isn't it?  ;))
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:59:13 AM »
If you are referring to the Life Points option in the core rulebook, you can just use the following:

1) Minor Healing -- base spell will heal 1 Life Point. +2 PP per additional Life Point to be healed.
2) Major Healing -- base spell will heal 5 Life Points. +4 PP per additional 5 Life Points healed.

Personally, I would suggest using the Damage Dice rules from HARPer's Bazaar #4 -- http://store.ironcrown.com/detail.jsp?itemId=1440371&category=128768

If your players are coming from a game like D&D, this sort of system will be closer to what they are familir with, and it will allow you to basically give the same sort of damage as found in the critical tables without the tables themselves.

Offline masque1223

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »
Thanks.  I'll try the Damage Dice system, but having read it, I think I prefer the Life Point system from the corebook.  Seems like it'll be easier on my part to deal with.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 08:54:41 AM »
You can drop out portions of the Damage Dice that you don't like (i.e. run it with just hits only).