Author Topic: Battle Master and Bazaar 11 Questions  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Adunakhor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Battle Master and Bazaar 11 Questions
« on: November 15, 2007, 12:32:56 PM »
I have some questions after our gaming session yesterday:

1. Charging and Battle Master: Does a Charge require the charging character to move the full distance, regardless of weapon range? In other words, will a Charge always end in a hex adjacent to the target? If so, what about modifications due to weapon range (Battle Axe -25 in the first hex)?

2. If a character with a Battle Axe (Great Blades) is only one hex away from his target and wants to move back one hex to prevent the -25 modification from his weapon range, can this be done as a Press & Melee action (-5 to OB) or is this a Move & Attack action (-10 to OB)?

3. Bazaar 11 and Blade Barrier/Power Strike: The Strength bonus from Blade Barrier or the +10 from Power Strike is added to the critical roll, is that correct?

Andreas
Love your enemies. It will drive them crazy.

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Battle Master and Bazaar 11 Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 11:49:34 PM »
I don't think the rules are explicit on these points but I would rule the following:

1 - I don't see why a charge couldn't end one hex away for using a great blade. The barbarian runs screaming at his opponent with his axe poised and swings as he closes. Perhaps his momentum then carries him into the adjacent hex, but I would certainly allow the attack to occur one hex away.

2 - The Press & Melee action seems to be the most applicable one in this circumstance. I see the Move & Attack action being used for moving into melee, whereas the Press & Melee action would be used for short movements for those already involved in combat.

3 - Don't have the rules with me, so I can't check the answer.

Hawk

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 07:14:55 AM »
1) Charge will end at spot that is best for attacking with weapon held.

2) As Hawkwind said.

3a) Blade Barrier -- Yes, but cannot increase the damage to a higher critical (i.e. it maxes an "A" critical out at an 80

3b) Power Strike - Yes, and this can increase the damage beyond the crit size caps.

Offline Adunakhor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 11:57:52 AM »
Thank you

Offline Adunakhor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 09:12:17 AM »
Some more questions arise:

The range modifiers for missile weapons in Baazar 11 are much more generous than those in the core rules (which is ok for me). But how should I deal with the Shureshoot talent from ML? It reduces the range penalty for each range increment from -10 to -5.

Spell statistics show range modifiers for Elemental Attack Spells. The standard ball/bolt attack spell as a base range of 100'. Are these modifiers additional to scaling penalties for higher range?

Is it possible to have weapon statistics for ML weapons?

Thanks
Andreas

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:08:37 AM »
Sureshot -- reduce range penalties by 1/2

Elemental spell ranges -- yes

Weapon Stats for the the ML weapons -- sounds like a good idea but there are enough weapons there to make it an article for the next HB we release.   ;D

Offline Adunakhor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 10:23:47 AM »
Thanks.
I hope to see the next HB soon  8)

Does anyone have an idea how the statistics for Twin-Bladed Sword and Cormal (Chakram) should look like?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 04:25:16 AM by Adunakhor »

Offline Fidoric

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 03:44:40 PM »

2 - The Press & Melee action seems to be the most applicable one in this circumstance. I see the Move & Attack action being used for moving into melee, whereas the Press & Melee action would be used for short movements for those already involved in combat.

Still got a question their, in spite of Rasyr's clarification :

May this not be read as Press&Melee = the character is advancing on his opponent, an action actually used to keep the right distance between you and your evading foe whereas Move & Attack can be more versatile, allowing sideward or backward moves but at a greater cost ?
Now there's a plan : we go there, we blast him, we come back...
Fighters forever !
Heart of steel.

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 09:10:01 PM »
May this not be read as Press&Melee = the character is advancing on his opponent, an action actually used to keep the right distance between you and your evading foe whereas Move & Attack can be more versatile, allowing sideward or backward moves but at a greater cost ?

That is certainly a possible interpretation, although its not the one I use. I use the Press & Melee action as allowing a 5' (or 1 hex using the Battlemaster rules) move, but it can be in any direction that involves continuing the melee.

Hawk