Author Topic: Multiple Poison Doses  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
Multiple Poison Doses
« on: December 22, 2007, 05:07:18 PM »
What happens if a character recieves multiple doses of the same poison in a small amount of time(let's say he's fighting a pack of giant spiders and they sting him multiple times in a few rounds)? Does the level of the poison remain the same or is it increased, making more difficult for the poor guy resisting the effects?
And what if I put more than one poison dose in the king's cup? Would this increase the chances that he will end up dead (and make the poison easier to detect)? How would you handle this? One RR for each dose (multiple rolls = more chance to fail)? Or just one RR vs an higher level?

Thanks!
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Multiple Poison Doses
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 01:30:28 AM »
 IMO the saves would get harder to resist the more they body has to fight off. I would probably give it a -5 tp -50 per exta does depending on the poisons severity.
 Also IMO the more the is it might be easyer to smell, tast, see but only if the is in the description on the posion. 

MDC

Edit:
 I might also check a toxicology book to see if thier is any info on poison. Or ask your doctor the next time you visit.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 05:48:49 AM »

I was just thinking similar. Depending on whether you use the RR table (increase lvl of attack or add a -10 per dose) or MM table (slide columns or again try -10 per dose).

Ciao,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 05:12:11 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I think I'll raise the poison level with each additional dose: probably adding to the RR level one third of the poison original level for each extra dose, rounded down.
I'll see if I find more on toxicology in one of my town libraries... thanks again and Merry Christmas!
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.