Author Topic: RMC/RMFRP Hybrids  (Read 4918 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMC/RMFRP Hybrids
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 05:13:36 AM »
dutch 206,
 IMO, the Combat Comp can do that to a GM. It was the same for me when I got a hold of the MAC.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »
Like I posted elsewhere, I have made all standard skills conbined skills and have gotten rid of the need to purchse ranks in the categories. I think I would like to go in and limit the number of skills as I believe that their are some redundant skills. But that is a job for a few hours (minimum) that I do not have right now.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 07:12:23 PM »
RMSS core but with the amount of SW material we use some RM2 'creep' is unavoidable - and a little confusing at times really.  Also some spell lists from various companions for alchemist and bard variants that made them more practical/useful in an adventuring group.  From other systems some converted d20 and even AD&D modules and some random treasure/encounter programs for those systems - which can get interesing with magic item conversion.  And all the players start to drool when the GM pulls out 'Treasures of Middle Earth' looking for an item.

When playing SpaceMaster (new RMSS'ed version) quite a bit of Traveller material popped in as well.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 10:13:40 PM »
I just came across something I had been working on a while back (3 or 4 years, approx.) that was pretty-much the opposite of "developing the skill and not the category."

In it you developed the category and had a certain number of skills under that category that you could use that bonus with (without a negative). These skill depended upon your background, profession, and what you learned over the course of your career. Now, you could specialize in some of the skills under the category, but only so much. I think it was something like 5 levels of specialization, with each level granting a +10 bonus to that particular skill.

I think I am going to have a deeper look into that.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 01:17:35 PM »
I think there is something like that in SoHK where you can 'spend a rank' in a big bucket skill to get a +5 or +10 in a specific part of it.  Might be under crafts or in the beginning somewhere.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha