Author Topic: New HARP Products  (Read 4318 times)

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
New HARP Products
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »
O.K. ICE guys.  I know I have not been around much lately, but I am starting to get worried about the status and well being of HARP.

We haven't seen any new HARP products for like forever and we haven't even seen any HARPer's Bizaars since March 2008, or Cyradon Gazeteers since I think it was December 2005. 

I am not complaining mind you, I am just concerned. 

I know you all are a small gaming company, and you have been busy and putting a lot of effort into RMC, RMX, and HARP SciFi, but what about support for those of us who play HARP?  I know you have HARP products schedule to come down the pipe-line eventually, but it just seems like we've been waiting a long time for anything new.

Thanks for listening to me rant on.   :)
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
Re: New HARP Products
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:51:23 PM »
I think they have a lot they want to do, but don't have enough to do it with... ;)
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Nick is still working on Something Wicked. I would rather see more time spent on writing a quality book than have ICE turning out one worhless book after another like some other companies. I would also like to see more books for HARP, but with the limited staff that they have to work with, I think we're just going to have to continue being patient for a little while longer.  :)
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:03:58 AM »
I'm still working on Something Wicked. But it isn't my day job (and it is the day job that pays all my bills and allows me to indulge myself in this writing lark) and I do have other commitments on my "free" time such as keeping TGC running, acting as editor and imprimatur on GCP products such as Xa-ar, and trying to run a weekly campaign for my players.

As soon as it is ready, and perhaps even before if ICE and I decide that a public beta would be useful and appropriate (as we did for HARP Sci Fi), it'll be available.

I also know that there are HARP-statted and Cyradon-set modules in the pipeline from ICE.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:53:37 AM »
I'm still working on Something Wicked. [...]

As soon as it is ready, and perhaps even before if ICE and I decide that a public beta would be useful and appropriate (as we did for HARP Sci Fi), it'll be available.

I also know that there are HARP-statted and Cyradon-set modules in the pipeline from ICE.

Good to hear.  :)
www.clubbulls.com

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 10:42:29 AM »
Like I said, I am not complaining, and I realize ICE is very busy.  I was just concerned, and I wanted a warm fuzzy that HARP isn't going to be side-lined.   ;)
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Lichemaster

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »
I almost never post here but come back from time to time, Why?
I'm waiting for adventures to get published, untill then I will still be waiting.
Please, do even PDF of adventures or something I need them!

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »
I almost never post here but come back from time to time, Why?
I'm waiting for adventures to get published, untill then I will still be waiting.
Please, do even PDF of adventures or something I need them!

There are a couple of very good Cyradon adventures in the Vault. I am sure you could modify them to fit your campaign.

But I too would like to see more published adventures...
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline travelnjones

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »
Personally i am ready for more HARP.  I am going to buy the SCI FI product as soon as i can, but a printed book of harpers bazaars + battlemaster + adventures+whatever else would be real cool

Offline kustenjaeger

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 07:23:59 AM »
Greetings

I've had a load of HARP material on pdf but haven't really looked at it much recently as I couldn't persuade my intermittent gaming group to get interested.  However I succumbed yesterday to picking up HARP, College of Magics and Martial Law in hard copy from my LGS as they had heavily discounted it (UKP13 for all 3) to reduce the number of lines they carry.

So I am back to reading HARP and the forum and getting my interest rekindled.

Regards

Edward

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »
Greetings

I've had a load of HARP material on pdf but haven't really looked at it much recently as I couldn't persuade my intermittent gaming group to get interested.  However I succumbed yesterday to picking up HARP, College of Magics and Martial Law in hard copy from my LGS as they had heavily discounted it (UKP13 for all 3) to reduce the number of lines they carry.

So I am back to reading HARP and the forum and getting my interest rekindled.

Regards

Edward

Awesome! :D
www.strategypage.com