Author Topic: Download Size  (Read 7591 times)

Offline 80sGamerGeek

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Download Size
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »
I am interested in purchasing RM Rome, but there's one thing I don't see in the description (maybe it's there and I am just missing it): how big is the file? 

I live in a remote area of a rural town and the best connection speed available is 28.8 (and that's only a theoretical  28.8 -- the phone lines are so cruddy, I usually don't get better than 19.9), so download size is an issue.  If it's going to be something that requires 12 hours or more to download, I need to plan ahead.   :)

Offline bottg

• OIC Points +0/-0
    • Arion Games
Re: Download Size
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:54:22 AM »
It is a shade under 10MB. 

I feel your pain regarding download speeds.  I suppose i take broadband for granted now!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Download Size
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:32:05 PM »
I am interested in purchasing RM Rome, but there's one thing I don't see in the description (maybe it's there and I am just missing it): how big is the file? 

I live in a remote area of a rural town and the best connection speed available is 28.8 (and that's only a theoretical  28.8 -- the phone lines are so cruddy, I usually don't get better than 19.9), so download size is an issue.  If it's going to be something that requires 12 hours or more to download, I need to plan ahead.   :)

You might be able to use a library if you have one near you to get a better connection speed. Then just place it on a thumb drive.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.