Author Topic: The Grand Campaign  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
The Grand Campaign
« on: January 13, 2015, 08:42:20 AM »
I know Mr. Amthor has no desire to finish this trilogy of books (the unfinished first book is available as a download on this site), but I was wondering if it would be possible for another writer to "take up the sword".

Mr. Amthor, would you have any objections to that?

Thanks,
--Desty

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: The Grand Campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:42 AM »
Mr. Amthor??

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »
I know Mr. Amthor has no desire to finish this trilogy of books (the unfinished first book is available as a download on this site), but I was wondering if it would be possible for another writer to "take up the sword".

Mr. Amthor, would you have any objections to that?

Thanks,
--Desty

I think that ship has sailed. Most of the first part has been available for free for almost 20 years (wow), and to do it right, it would have to be redone, and the rest of the trilogy written. I have no creative objections to it, but it would be a monster project.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 09:39:43 AM »
That's a real shame... This trilogy had so much potential...

Doesn't this group's adventure run concurrently with Kalen's quest? Also, do the events in The Grand Campaign no longer show up in the various books' timelines? I know at one time they did...

Thanks,
--Desty

Offline ellemeno

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:20:16 AM »
I can't see how the GC would be fun to play as a player.  It doesn't seem like it has enough player choice in it.  I think it would work better as a novel.

A lot of the material in it is usable though.

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 02:46:39 PM »
I can't see how the GC would be fun to play as a player.  It doesn't seem like it has enough player choice in it.  I think it would work better as a novel.

A lot of the material in it is usable though.

I actually had brought that up, hoping that it might stir some interest with Mr. Amthor, maybe even have some crossover with Shadowstone Chronicles, since I believe the two adventures run concurrently. Unfortunately, it would appear that not even Shadowstone Chronicles will see completion.... It's a damn shame too.... :(

Thanks,
--Desty

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 11:09:50 AM »
Bumped.

It seems Mr. Amthor does not have any objections with a third party writer taking the ball and running with this. Any writers out there who might be interested?

There is definitely an interest with the fans to see this trilogy of books completed...

Thanks,
--Desty