Author Topic: New SM2 PBeM game starting  (Read 1895 times)

Offline smegforbrain

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
New SM2 PBeM game starting
« on: April 25, 2014, 06:00:21 AM »
Greetings,

I <3 spacemaster (and rolemaster too) but want to run a fresh game with some new faces.

You will be a member of military unit (doesn't mean everyone has to be an armsman) in a corporate / industry dominated early stellar exploration world.  Other races have been contacted in our galaxy and unbelieveably for humans we have managed not to go to war with anybody yet!  For reference material you should look at James Cameroon's Alien/Predator franchise as I am a big fan - but this is not that universe, so no AliensTM issues lol.

Starting level will be 1. Psion-users are welcome.  Restrictions on super-hi tech weapons are in place - sorry Power Swords are out; as are Blasters (which are only available as mounted weaponry).

Turn structure will be every day turnaround during the week.  Communication methods will be agreed as a group, and I will provide online character sheets that are refeshed periodically.

Reply to me here and we can get started.

Stuart (smegforbrain)

Offline Dalewarrior

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: New SM2 PBeM game starting
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 05:30:45 PM »
    Hi Stuart! Sounds interesting. I've played RM2 only, but I think it must be pretty similar to play SM2.

Regards,
António

Offline ccav2001

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 10:27:08 AM »
Hey Stuart!

I am a noob to playing an RPG online, but would like to give it a try if you would be interested.

I've played RPGs quite a bit growing up, but stopped playing after I got married and had kids..yes, I am an old fella, lol...so although I have experience I will have to shake the rust off. I hope none of that is a problem, and if it isn't I'm looking forward to the game. Thanks!

~Tony

Offline smegforbrain

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 09:13:16 AM »
Hi Guys,

Fantastic to get these responses. Apologies for the slow reply - I assure you that this is most unlike me.

Lets see if we can get anymore to join.  I will re-advertise now that we have some willing victims ... I mean ... volunteers!!

Do you gents have any ideas what you want to play character-wise?  Do you have access to the rulebooks?

Anymore for anymore!!  The Colonial Marine Corps Needs You!!  A Life of Adventure amongst the Stars Awaits!! Meet New and Interesting individuals and blow the smeg out of them!! We provide the Weapons and the Ammunition.

Scenario Prologue:
Date: August 19, 2182
Event: Graduation Day
It has been a long 5 year training session, and today has, at least in your head lasted another 5 years.  But at last it is over.  You have surrendered every inch of your personality to the USCM and had it reassembled in their image.  It has cost you several friends too when the Ninth Arab Spring Uprising required you to end up on the front lines for six months.  They are faces now not people, you have become more accustomed to the coming and going of faces, numbers and weapons.

In the mess that evening after your passing out parade, you ponder why they do it here and not in say Miami or even Antarctica where the latest wheat crop gives the clean air a beautiful fresh smell and the bees buzz in the balmy afternoon sun.  Everyone is celebrating - they have all been promoted to Private 2nd Class.  Whilst they are carousing, several of the girls have already won a hatfull of id tags - tradition has it that one id tag is selected and the happy couple are granted a night in the luxurious Giger Hotel out of town for whatever entertainment they so chose.  Some men are trying to argue that they should have their own hatful of tags - but tradition is that the woman has the choice.  In seclusion, the staff are selecting the two valour candidates for honours.  The runner up is promoted to Private 1st Class and the winner is straight to Lance Corporal.  You are pretty sure that your name is not on that list.

Before the fun is completed the Camp Adjutant, brings out the assignments.  Most people are shipping out the next day, but no-one knows where they are being posted.

The ensuing scrum around the list is ardent but well ordered.  Before you see your name on the list, your eyes alight on an urgent mission statement, that has fallen on the floor. - "Immediate Ship Out!!! Assault Mission in Outer Rim Bandit Territory!!! Starting your career with a dull patrol?? Volunteers needed for Rescue mission.  See Adjutant Grayson immediately!".  You pick it up curious as to why they are asking raw grauates to go on this missin, but carry on looking for your assignment after putting back on the board.  The note falls on the floor again, almost immediately and is picked up by another almost immediately.  Then the horror or it all - you are assigned to the listening post on the outskirts of DevCorp space!  This is well known as the dullest of the dull first assignments.

The question is where would you go?

Contact me here, on fb (I'm the Stuart Trimby with the Aliens Sulaco picture), spacemaster@trimbynet.plus.com
Stuart Trimby(smegforbrain)

Offline Dalewarrior

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 09:09:45 PM »
   Hi Stuart,

Maybe if you post on the Real Roleplaying Forums, which hosts many ICE games, you'll find more players.
http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/index.php?PHPSESSID=8a838c3c858fb5d21ee4b021e6725c10&action=forum

Regards,
DW

Offline smegforbrain

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 03:10:43 AM »
Will do. Thanks.

Now that's what I call a useful post  ;D

Offline smegforbrain

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 03:21:19 AM »
After a busy summer I have now posted this on realroleplayingforums.  Please check there for more info.
Stuart