Author Topic: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software  (Read 119319 times)

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2014, 06:10:06 PM »
found it thanks

On another note.. how do you access the Fumble tables to roll for those?
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »
can anyone tell me what the License email is titled? I can't find it in my e-mail in order to update my tables.

The email subject line in mine is "Thank you for your RPGNow.com order" and if your email client has a search function you could search for "combat minion" or similar. The From address is RPGNow.com.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »
found it thanks

On another note.. how do you access the Fumble tables to roll for those?

Sorry Warl, fumbles are still on the ToDo list. The table data is all there, just need to work on the interface. I've copied the current ToDo list from an earlier post below.
Cheers.

With regard to the development roadmap, I'll be working (hobbying is a better word) roughly in order of the recent poll, but factoring in my estimation of difficulty/time factor, easiest upgrades getting more precedence. Here's the upcoming roadmap as I see it, subject to change of course:

1. Fumbles & spell failures
2. Button to clear all PC wounds (and NPC wounds)
3. Ability to add user-supplied tables
4. Base attack spells table / lookup
5. Show active spells and duration remaining
etc.

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2014, 01:00:13 AM »
ahh gotcha KK awesome... I just saw the Tables in the Update details and got excited. :-)
D Puncture crit 100

Offline Broedet

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2014, 04:19:25 PM »
We have used the minion once and the team of old farts dedicated to paper has surrendered. It increased the combat speed immensely. Great tool. Thanks.
I have one question currently: Is it possible to activate / deactivate PC's?
We had split party encounters and the inactive characters were, well.. Inactive but still present...Easy to skip, just anoying in a long encounter.

KR
Lars

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2014, 11:27:34 PM »
curious as to how many are using it as the die roller and how many are entering their own results.

One issue I have been having with it...

Parry: Isn't the Parry % supposed to represent how much of you OB is being applied to defense?

Yet I am finding that instead it is applying the parry % as a modifier to defense. So if I set it to 50% it is adding +50 to the defense. instead of 50% f the ob ( which in this case the ob was 32 so it should have only added +16 )
D Puncture crit 100

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »
As a GM I'll use the program to roll.  But in my experience all the players (including me) want to roll their own dice.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2014, 09:12:18 PM »
We have used the minion once and the team of old farts dedicated to paper has surrendered. It increased the combat speed immensely. Great tool. Thanks.
I have one question currently: Is it possible to activate / deactivate PC's?
We had split party encounters and the inactive characters were, well.. Inactive but still present...Easy to skip, just anoying in a long encounter.

KR
Lars

Thanks for the feedback.

To "activate / deactivate" PCs, what I do is edit the PC (or NPC) and in the "PC or NPC" select box, change it. That way you can switch characters between the left (PC) and right (NPC) panels very quickly. I do it all the time in our campaign. I also use the keyword field wisely to easily find NPCs that might need to be be added to the PC party later.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2014, 09:37:53 PM »
curious as to how many are using it as the die roller and how many are entering their own results.

In our group, it's the player's choice and they've decided to make all rolls themselves except for initiative where minion is just easier/quicker. As GM I let minion make all my rolls, including perception etc.

One issue I have been having with it...

Parry: Isn't the Parry % supposed to represent how much of you OB is being applied to defense?

Yet I am finding that instead it is applying the parry % as a modifier to defense. So if I set it to 50% it is adding +50 to the defense. instead of 50% f the ob ( which in this case the ob was 32 so it should have only added +16 )

I agree, the options/choices might be a little misleading. The percentages are absolute, not a percentage of your OB. Currently the options are written like this:

No Parry
10% Parry (-10)
20% Parry (-20)
30% Parry (-30)
etc.

I probably should change them (remove any reference to %) to something like:

No Parry
Parry (-10 OB)
Parry (-20 OB)
Parry (-30 OB)
etc.

Does anyone have a better idea for how they should be displayed?

Note 1: The select box is only there as a convenience and could be removed entirely. For example if you want to parry with, say, 23 OB, currently you need to type in -23. You can't use the select box.
Note 2: The software could possibly be changed to make it a true percentage of your current OB. The complexity starts increasing considering that other modifiers may change the raw OB before any parry % is applied. In the meantime I think a change to the select box wording will suffice.

Feedback anyone?

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »
I do see the issue... especially since, as a defender, weapon is not selected... so you would have to add that to the defender fields.

Perhaps it would work better instead to, rather than have it be a selection drop down, It was instead a Enter box where you enter the value you will be using.
Would also be nice if such entered values were saved to the character like they are for bleeding and stun and wound penalties.
is that a possibility?
D Puncture crit 100

Offline HawksNut

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Go Hawks!!
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2014, 08:39:02 PM »
Parry,

I would prefer just an enter box and no percentage or set amount.

Can you consider adding PC/NPC size? This way the software could make the damage adjustments automatically.

We all love the software!

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2014, 09:41:25 PM »
I do see the issue... especially since, as a defender, weapon is not selected... so you would have to add that to the defender fields.

Perhaps it would work better instead to, rather than have it be a selection drop down, It was instead a Enter box where you enter the value you will be using.

It's already there. You can either enter it by typing the number into the box, or for convenience, you can use the select box (next to it) to choose one of the commonly used numbers, ie. increments of 10.

Would also be nice if such entered values were saved to the character like they are for bleeding and stun and wound penalties.
is that a possibility?

It's already saved on the attack form, separately for each character. I like your idea though to also add it to the PC/NPC grids. As always, space on the screen is at a premium especially for tablets, so adding another two columns will push things out further, but it seems like a nice addition. Also it would help the GM remember how much parry to apply when switching from attack to defense for each parrying character.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2014, 09:47:59 PM »
Can you consider adding PC/NPC size? This way the software could make the damage adjustments automatically.

Currently the software is only meant for RM2/RMC/RMSS/RMFRP. I assume you want this for the new RMU rules? Are the RMU size/damage adjustments what you're referring to?  Note that I won't be considering any changes to the software for RMU until the new rules are confirmed.

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2014, 06:49:35 AM »
Would it be possible to add a field to the roll die option in which I can overwrite/override the automatic rolled dice?  And   as we are at it,  could you add more skill fields,  e.g. RRs?

All in all, brilliant app! 
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2014, 02:19:11 PM »
And   as we are at it,  could you add more skill fields,  e.g. RRs?
Well, I asked for it when I tried the application back at the start but, IMO, the neat thing would be to have two or three unnamed (static control + edit control)  at the end of the skill list, that you could then name (i.e., filling in the static controls), and for which rolls are rolled as well. That allows people to add additional rolls for whatever skill, RRs, etc. they need in addition to the already present skills.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline HawksNut

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Go Hawks!!
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »

Currently the software is only meant for RM2/RMC/RMSS/RMFRP. I assume you want this for the new RMU rules? Are the RMU size/damage adjustments what you're referring to?  Note that I won't be considering any changes to the software for RMU until the new rules are confirmed.

You are correct. I understand.
I love the app and bought both RMSS & RMC tables.

Offline mijimoe

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • MERP/RMFRP GM from the Midwest...
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2014, 11:59:42 AM »
Good afternoon:

Its been a while since last I was on here, but I wanted to see if the Rolemaster Combat Minion program ever was able to have a fully populated NPC/Creature List for download, out of the Creatures and Monsters book. Additionally, I was curious if anyone had endeavored to put together a MERP creature compendium for use with the program by chance.

To date, I have a few hundred entries in the program added, directly from the Creatures and Monsters book, but it takes an enormous time to add each "stock" creature manually.

Any feedback and responses would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mijimoe

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »
  I do not know of any official or unofficial C&M data set but one could be or could not be in the works. As for a MERP data set I do not think that would ever be possible do to the past licencing problems.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »
Its been a while since last I was on here, but I wanted to see if the Rolemaster Combat Minion program ever was able to have a fully populated NPC/Creature List for download, out of the Creatures and Monsters book. Additionally, I was curious if anyone had endeavored to put together a MERP creature compendium for use with the program by chance.

To date, I have a few hundred entries in the program added, directly from the Creatures and Monsters book, but it takes an enormous time to add each "stock" creature manually.

Any feedback and responses would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mijimoe

I agree. I do what you do - look up a creature/monster in C&T and type it into the form. It would be much better to be able to choose a creature/monster from a select box and have the form populate automatically. This would require some software changes (of course), but most of all someone would need to enter the creatures/monsters into Minion once, then use the Backup function to save the resulting creature/monster file. I could then incorporate it into Minion.

For the technically minded, here's an example of what a Goblin might look like after the Minion Backup function saves it to a text file:

[1,"Goblin","G1",0,2,5,8,10,20,0,0,40,34,0,5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,"3 flasks oil, 2 torches, 8sp",45,"AL-2.3",0,"",0,"",0,"",0,"",0,""]

So all I need is one of these for each creature, and hypothetically it can be done.

Also note that without any software changes at all, the above goblin snippet can be inserted into your own database by using the Backup/Restore function. First backup your own minion database into a file. Edit it to add the above goblin snippet to the end of the creature list (changing the initial '1' number to one plus the number of your final creature) and Restore it into your Minion. ALWAYS keep an original of your backup in case you typo/syntax error.

Cheers

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2014, 11:09:51 PM »
Yes very important programing advice/computer, always keep more than one backup. ;D
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.