Author Topic: What is the starting date?  (Read 2701 times)

Offline tommysl

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
What is the starting date?
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:30:28 AM »
I very simple question that I haven't been able to find a definite answer to. What is the current year in the echoes of heaven setting? In what month/year does Cathon find the heroes in the first adventure?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: What is the starting date?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:47:14 PM »
2044.  If this is your copy, feel free to pm me with details on where you bought it and we can make sure you have the current version.  I did an update a month or two after it came out and added the date to the last line of chapter 3 in the campaign setting.  If it's your GM's, have him send me a message.  If you just missed the line, you should be good. :)
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline tommysl

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:24:10 AM »
Cheers thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm the GM and bought this product pretty early after release. I'm very happy with the product so far. We've just finished chapter 2 this week with the heroes making a heroic stance against the demon of gluttony.

On a side note - I found the harp version of a class IV demon extremely overpowered. According the the HARP monsters book. They have an ability called "soulburn" which a demon can use a certain amount of times per day equal to their constitution bonus. For this specific demon which have a good enough OB to hit the characters often will be able to use the ability after every hit.
The soulburn ability drains 2d10 constitution + 10x that hitpoints if the character fails a stamina RR(160). It basically means instant death for characters at level 7-8 in harp.

I would suggest that the soulburn ability is either nerfed or removed from demons in EoH - it's simply too deadly.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:04:53 AM »
It's certainly a tough power, that's for sure.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com