Author Topic: HARP and/or HARP SF in Berkeley, CA.  (Read 1713 times)

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
HARP and/or HARP SF in Berkeley, CA.
« on: January 25, 2011, 12:21:58 AM »
Until end of May I will be living in the Berkeley in the bay area, actually I will be living just across the border into Oakland, anywho I am interested in joining or perhaps starting a game of HARP, HARP SF or a game that has nothing to do with this company, Legend of the Burning Sands (a Legend of the Five Rings supplement).

I will be studying at UC Berkeley during my stay, so my time is somewhat limited and my schedule is not great or very flexible.

Although if anyone is interested, can point me in a direction or something like that I would be eternally grateful!
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Re: HARP and/or HARP SF in Berkeley, CA.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:27:44 AM »
I'm afraid I'm a little too far away to join you, but I suggest you get to Games of Berkeley (2151 Shattuck Ave.). I've picked up some stuff there (including my Channeling Companion and my Construct Companion). They have a good selection and last I saw still had some ICE on the shelves. That's probably the best place to search for gamers, unless there's a club on campus.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:47 AM »
There might be a club on campus, but nothing official… and I haven’t seen any posters, but then, its quite a big campus (compared to Norwegian standards :) ).

I was by Games of Berkeley this weekend, didn’t think about looking for gamers doh! Great shop though! They still had lots of RM and HARP stuff, in addition to other stuff that I’ve only seen on Drivethrurpg before. Its also where I picked up Legend of the Burning Sands. Great stuff.

Thanks for that tip, however obvious it might have been! :) I’m a bit preoccupied with health issues, silent revolutions and technology in society…
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Dyls

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 12:54:35 PM »
I am on the Peninsula and interested in playing some games.  I could make it to East bay now and then.  Let me know.

Offline mfallen

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 01:39:41 AM »
If you're in Oakland, I'd recommend Endgame. Much nicer than Games of Berkeley in my opinion, and they have a whole floor of gaming tables.

They have a respectable used section too, where I picked up all the RMSS books last year. (I don't particularly like RMSS, but...)

I'm on the Peninsula too, by the way. I would like to play some games too, but realistically, it will be a while (like a couple of years...) before other commitments allow that.