Author Topic: Bi-weekly, Milan Michigan, Sunday Afternoon, Rotating Game Group  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I'm ready to start up a group to meet in my apartment. Said apartment will be presentable to company other than my family by this Sunday, January 30, 2011.

The first game I would like to run is World Tree, using the beginner adventure "The Spinning Elts". An adventure for 3-5* characters of beginning skill. Four pregenerated characters were provided by the authors of the game system. Estimated number of sessions is 2-4, with one added if characters are made.

*5 players is also a good maximum given the size of my apartment and number of available chairs.

It's not that I think creating World Tree characters is hard, but it can be involved.

While I've probably already mentioned this, World Tree is a skill based anthropomorphic animal fantasy RPG. I'd classify World Tree as Rules Medium: They start off simple and aren't afraid to get complicated where it makes sense to. The game is slightly dice heavier than others, there is no "passive defense", and magic resistance also has to be rolled. I'd say the rules are fairly easy to learn.

After the short adventure, I am very interested in what you want to run or want me to run.

I know I need to revise my game house rules, but I have a few apartment rules, one of which is because of my lease.

1. Allergies to cats must be manageable.
2. No street shoes past the kitchen, slippers and socked feet okay.
3. If you smoke, leave what you light your smokes with in your car. (anti flammable lease clause)
4. Even though my apartment will be clean, it's still not advisable to sit on the floor.
5. To reduce paper garbage, technology is encouraged, generally the smaller the better. Also, small apartment.

WARNING: Do not say the word "laser" unless you want my cat very interested in you.

I live at 23 West Main Street, Apt 1, Milan, MI. The door to the hallway is located between Jones Insurance and Milan Floral. My apartment is the first door up the stairs. Unfortunately, it's not disability friendly and I can do nothing to change that. There is a public parking lot across the street from my apartment, and street parking is also plentiful.

Taking US-23: Exit on 27 or 25. If you take 25, there will be a triangular island you will have to make a left turn around. For 27, continue on Dexter Street (aka Carpenter Road) south to County Street, where there will be a flashing red light. Turn right, the island I mentioned will be on your left when East Main Street and County Street combine.

Taking Platt:
on Main street, there will be a cemetery and a shopping mall with a Shell station on the corner. If these features are on your right, turn left.

Taking Ann Arbor Saline:
This street will change its name a few times. It dead ends at Main street. Turn left.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Bi-weekly, Milan Michigan, Sunday Afternoon, Rotating Game Group
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 09:30:09 AM »
It would appear I overestimated either my ability to get my apartment cleaned quickly when I have today off or the ability of my workplace not to have a whole bunch of appointments at "the last minute". Also, near Saline today, roads are not good.

Regarding World Tree, I have 4 copies of the rule book, although only 2 currently occupy my apartment.

While I know there are many people on these forums who dislike D&D, I do have a trilogy of adventures that form a small campaign for Diomin, a dark fantasy 3.x setting. I'm thinking of things to change about the flow of said campaign, without changing the overall goal. Being a "mini campaign" it will, naturally, take longer than the World Tree adventure I suggested.
#LotorAllura2024