Author Topic: Interest check -- VTT based Shadow World campaign?  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Storycrafter

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Interest check -- VTT based Shadow World campaign?
« on: October 09, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
I'm contemplating running a Shadow World based campaign in the US/Central time zone, probably on Sundays starting around 5pm CST.  I'd like to try running it on the new Unified system beta.  I have some mild interest from my wife, so are there at least 3 others interested in starting up with me?  I can go into more specifics of the campaign setting and my thoughts on character creation if there's interest.

As for schedule, I might be persuaded to run things on Wednesday around 7pm if Sunday doesn't work for everyone.

As for VTT, I'm most familiar with Maptools right now, but have been considering Roll20.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: Interest check -- VTT based Shadow World campaign?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 02:32:59 PM »
Hi Storycrafter,

I'd love to join a your game. :)

About how long do you think the sessions will take?

Sunday sounds ideal for me but Wednesdays will possibly be a little too late but I'm sure I can make it work! :D
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline cinmay

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »
Yes yes yes. I would very much like to play! Sundays would be fine for me. I'm very interested in using the new system as well. For a VTT I have tried google+ hangout with some success and I am looking at Fantasy Grounds. Fantasy Grounds costs a bit but it will have things like combat calculation for the new RMU.

I would love to play in Shadow World as well.

Offline Storycrafter

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:42:18 PM »
Heh, hey guys.  I did get cinmay's email over on ObsidianPortal about you guys being interested.  I have been silently contemplating how eager I am to do this along with the release of the appropriate materials (I guess we could go now that Arms Law was released into beta today).  Thanks for heading over here and reaching out to me first!

Let me get back to you with some details on how we can gather.  I think the easiest thing would be to rally around Cinmay's existing campaign portal.  I'll post something over there ASAP.

I'll post something back here with links in case anyone else has interest.

Offline thordiantral

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »
As is implied by my thread above this one, I'm be. try interested in joining in and Sundays sound awesome.

Offline Storycrafter

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »
Well met!

After reviewing what cinmay had on the UK campaign on Obsidian Portal, I've decided to create a new one from scratch instead of cluttering the forums for the UK group.  In many respects, this is just a realization of cinmay's plan for a Shadow World campaign for U.S. players.  I've just switched the ruleset to the new beta.

The campaign is here:  http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadows-of-sa-kain

I'll start posting there to see about organizing a party, introductions, scheduling, etc.  Please join me there.