Author Topic: Harp Fantasy Core Book printed version errata  (Read 29756 times)

Offline Charlie Four

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Harp Fantasy Core Book printed version errata
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2016, 04:22:11 PM »
Spotted a little innacurate info on the Index, p. 199:

- On the G, and on the GM's Options, it refers to Life Points Option on p. 99, which has been removed from the book.

Offline Kullervo

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2016, 06:58:39 AM »
In the index too:

A
Accelerated Healing 54, 166, 168

There aren't any reference to this talent in the last two pages. This must be like this:
Accelerated Healing 54

Offline Mauro

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2016, 05:45:31 PM »
Page 97: repeated sentence at the end of the "Full Shield" description.
"Usually 4’ to 5’ long and 3’ wide. This shield is usually gripped by a single handle and a forearm strap.
Typical length is about 4’ and 2’ to 3’ wide. This shield is usually gripped by a single handle and a forearm strap."

Page 121:
Minor Healing says "Reduce a maneuver penalty by up to 20 points." Shouldn't it be "by up to 25 points" to be consistent with the light injury rules?

Also, is there a rough estimate for the next update? Thank you!

Offline Tempestari

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »
I am reading the rulebook (print copy 2017) right now and I've found one issue. I don't know if this is errata or it's just me that couldn't find the rules in the book:

1.- page 58. Power Point Adder Example. (...) "Using this item, Jorge only has to use one Power Point over base cost, so he only receives a -5 modifier to the casting roll."

Where are the rule that explains these modifiers on the casting rolls?

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2017, 09:26:45 AM »
1.- page 58. Power Point Adder Example. (...) "Using this item, Jorge only has to use one Power Point over base cost, so he only receives a -5 modifier to the casting roll."

Where are the rule that explains these modifiers on the casting rolls?

Using the April 2017 update, p. 114 under "Scaling Spells".
#LotorAllura2024

Offline regius

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2017, 05:02:10 PM »
Hi guys, just an info...are these errata included in the last printed version of the rulebook...I’m gonna buyin’it.
Thanks

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2017, 08:23:13 AM »
Not even an errata, I find the grammar for the note under Additional Profession to be awkward. The wording could be simplified to: "When adding an additional profession, Additional Profession must be the first thing you spend DP on that level." The current wording isn't grammatically wrong, and I know what it wants to do, it's just doing it in a way that seems needlessly complicated to me.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Radimon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2019, 02:19:58 PM »
That wording is done that way specifically for characters using the stat-based development points per level rule (core rulebook, p. 20-21). Under that rule, some characters might not even have 20 points to spend in a given level, so they might need to stretch out purchasing the Additional Profession talent over a couple of levels.

Then again, if your stats are so low that you don't get even 20 development points when you level up, I would personally recommend dropping ALL your points into stats for several levels, before joining your new profession!
Murphy's Law says 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.'

I think Murphy was an incurable optimist.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2019, 10:16:03 AM »
Excepting that I have run into online conversations with people whose reading comprehension shows that they need things that spelled out for them, I would say that my original shortening would still work.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Ylissa

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2020, 05:06:56 PM »
Finally got to sit down and do an in-depth read through prior to starting a new game (hopefully to sway people to the fold!) and I noted a few things. Apologies if these have been called out before.

p27 - for 'Dwarven Blood (Greater)', the ability listed underneath 'Stone Sense' is not formatted as an ability in its own right (so the 4 lines appear as a subset of the Stone Sense ability)

p53 - 'For example, an Elven Harper would get Enhanced Senses twice gaining the +10 to Perception twice' - from looking into this on the forum I believe that this is a outdated refeence to the previous version of HARP, where the Harper received the 'Enhanced Senses' talent as a bonus talent?

55/56 - 'Focused Eloquence' is listed in Table 7.1 Master Talent List as a Talent which has different levels (in the same way as Regeneration and Succor are listed); howver, unlike these 2 talents (which have 1 description covering the multiple levels) there are discrete descriptions of 'Focused Eloquence (Lesser)' and 'Focused Eloquence (Greater)' . This does not seem to be a consistent approach

p83 - 'Fighting Blind' example 2 - 'horde of chittering giant ants of chittering giant insectoids'; need to remove one instance of 'of chittering giant [type]'

p94 - Table 10.1 Full Sets of Armor - refers to 'Studded Leather Armor' and 'Plate/Chain Armor'; as this table lists armor categories, should these be 'Rigid Leather Armor' and 'Plate & Chain Armor' to be consistent with 'Armor Categories' on p93?

P94/95 - the MxMP mentions 'The Maximum Maneuver Penalty... also modifies any DB gained from the Quickness stat bonus'; however, no mention is made of this for MnMP, UF MaxMP or UF MinMP

p95 - Table 10.2 (Armor By Location) lacks an entry for 'Shirt/hauberk'

p95 - 'Armor Skill Refresher' - Jax would need to add 11 (rather than 6) ranks to reduce the penalty of wearing plate chain to -15

p148 - the preparation methods are referred to as Contact/Ingest/INJECT, whilst the poison table uses Contact/Ingest/PASTE; as these are both the Prep portion of Form/Prep should these not be consistent?

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2020, 09:55:21 PM »
p95 What were Jax's St and Ag modifiers?
#LotorAllura2024

Offline ubiquitousrat

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2020, 12:42:10 PM »
Quick question: I own a hardback of the 2013 HARP Fantasy rulebook. Is it worth buying the 2017 version for play? I can’t find a list of the differences. Any advice on this welcome.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2020, 09:11:03 AM »
The 2017 is just a quick update to the 2013 PDF as I recall. So, clean up mostly. Which is not to say the 2017 update is without its own errors.
#LotorAllura2024