Author Topic: AutoHARP?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
AutoHARP?
« on: November 06, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »
I was looking at autoHARP and noticed there are updates for Martial Law and College of Magics. I also noticed that AutoHARP Fantasy costs $20 and  the Martial Law update costs $10 but the College of Magics costs $5. Why the price difference?
Essentially I will have to pay a total of $35 for those three books in the AutoHARP version. Will the addition of future books also cost $5 or $10? Is there a possibility of getting a "bundle" discount if we have already purchased the books (I have both PDF and print of all three)?

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: AutoHARP?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »
New add-on releases are launched at $5, but then go up to $10 after the initial promotional period is over.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »
Ok, wow, that will get expensive. When I am finally able to afford them the overall price will be ridiculous with all the books coming out.
ICE can't come up with more reasonable prices?
Bruce

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »
I guess we look at it as, would you be willing to skip one movie ticket in order to get the functionality of Auto-HARP for one of few HARP books that are out there?   
It's not as if HARP has hundreds of books released.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »
I guess we look at it as, would you be willing to skip one movie ticket in order to get the functionality of Auto-HARP for one of few HARP books that are out there?   
It's not as if HARP has hundreds of books released.
But as time goes on the books will pile up. I don't go to the movies very often, when I do it is because of the generosity of others.
When I do get a job (hopefully before Christmas) movies are my thing. I used to go every weekend to see a new movie.
Gaming is different, a hobby nonetheless but different. I personally think some of the prices they charge for some of the simplest things is outrageous. It shouldn't be that expensive to enjoy my favorite hobby. I know with the economy and the cost of books, but still.
HARP or ICE is different, their prices are a bit cheaper than what other games charge and that is a boon for them. But when it comes to the software I think it is a little high. Personally I think you should charge more for the base set and less for the add-ons. IMHO that would be a more stable business plan. Then again I only know so much about business plans.

Bruce

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »
I don't go to the movies very often, when I do it is because of the generosity of others.
When I do get a job (hopefully before Christmas) movies are my thing. I used to go every weekend to see a new movie.
Dude, you should totally be living near me here in Knoxville, TN. Ever since I bought the $20 Imax+3D ticket to Pacific Rim (it was my second time seeing the movie, too), I have been getting free tickets like crazy - and free sodas and popcorn. I have currently, 4 free movie passes because of my Regal Crown Card, and the fact that even when I use a free ticket (like I did last week) I get another free ticket!

Could someone re-post the link to the videos that show how to use and import new data sets to Auto HARP, 'cuz I just can't seem to figure out how to get past the very basics?
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 04:57:36 PM »
Could someone re-post the link to the videos that show how to use and import new data sets to Auto HARP, 'cuz I just can't seem to figure out how to get past the very basics?

Try this thread. These may be somewhat out of date for the current version.

http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=13363.0

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 05:24:29 PM »

Yeah I need to update the tutorials to help with the newer stuff. That first video should help with added books such as Martial Law and College of Magics, etc to the program.

As for the prices, from my perspective as the one who programmed the software, it nice to see my hard work bring a little something back even if this isn't my day job. In order to create this software I had to dedicate the time to make it and still the time to maintain it. $20 dollars for software is actually average to below average, especially for an application where I give you the source code for free. Supplements that cost around $10 is also average. Perhaps Bruce, Nicholas and I could talk about bundles in the future but I'm thinking they want everything on the table first before we get to that point. Until then, I do thank everyone who has purchased AutoHARP which supports the application itself.  8)

In the past I spent a pretty penny on software for gaming. I bought Battlegrounds, Campaign Cartographer 3 and a few of its supplements that put me back about $100. I even purchased a combat tracker and a few combat creator programs. I don't use any of this stuff anymore except for Campaign Cartographer but in the end it was all for the hobby of gaming which I dumped hundreds of dollars for miniatures I no longer have and books I have long abandoned since I no longer game in that system anymore. For someone who wants to purchase AutoHARP to play Harp Fantasy, you would spend around $40 (everything at full price). To me that's the price of about 1 or 2 books that I may use for a bit then dump as my tastes change.  :D

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »

Try this thread. These may be somewhat out of date for the current version.

http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=13363.0
Thanks.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.