Author Topic: Texicon 2014 www.texicon.net  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Texicon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Texicon 2014 www.texicon.net
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:56:14 PM »
Hello one and all, I am here seeking GMs to run games at Texicon.  We are looking for GMs to run any of the I.C.E. games.  This is our 5th year and to date there have been zero games run at Texicon that are produced by I.C.E.

We are a small but growing con.  This year we expect 200+ attendees and GMs to come.  The numbers are not important.  The important thing is great games that are fun.  I am personally reaching out to the I.C.E. community in the hopes of finally getting some Rolemaster or Middle Earth games going.  I know... I know... Middle Earth is no longer part of I.C.E.  but it is still a great system AND I personally have all of the stuff for it. 

I also went nuts when I was younger.  I had the earliest editions cut down the spine into individual sheets and then I had the whole thing laminated.  That way I would always have the rule books for Rolemaster.  Let me tell you, the box they are in is HEAVY.

So, if any of the I.C.E. GMs are in the North Texas area, specifically Grapevine Texas.  OR they are willing to travel to us, then we would be more than happy to have y'all run some great games.  Our website is www.texicon.net  Texicon occurs in June from the 27th through the 29th.

For further details please contact our Role-Play Magnate Rollin Kearley.  His email address is texiconrpgmagnate@yahoo.com

He will be more than happy to schedule you for running some I.C.E. events at Texicon.

Also, you will need to promote your games.  Go to the web and tell people.  Go to your local stores and put up flyers.  Get the word out that Rolemaster or Spacemaster or something else I.C.E. is being run at Texicon.  Nothing is more sad than a GM who didn't bother to advertise his games who is now sitting there with one or no players.  People won't come if you don't tell them you are here.

Thank you for your time,

Kevin Pajak
President/ Owner
kevin@texicon.net

P.S. I apologize if I posted this on the wrong thread.

Offline Texicon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Texicon 2014 www.texicon.net
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 02:48:11 AM »
Is anyone interested?

Offline TwoGunBob

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 12:26:27 AM »
Closing in on the convention being almost a month away and checking interest. Anyone interested can email myself @ twogunbob@ymail.com or Kevin in his above posts. Thanks for checking us out and hope to see some of you there.

Offline BeggarKing (Thomas)

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +40/-40
    • Wandering Monster Studios
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 01:08:13 AM »
Thanks for reaching out to the community, always neat to see that there's ICE and MERP fans from all over. If I were local I'd be happy to run a few games, but sadly I'm nowhere near Texas :(.

Hope you have a great con!
Adventurer walks into a bar with Flint and Steel. Bartender says, "Don't start anything."