Author Topic: February Guild Companion  (Read 2537 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
February Guild Companion
« on: February 03, 2015, 02:51:21 PM »
Not to steal Peter's thunder, but it looks like the Feb TGC is up now. 

I'm glad to see some more Harp SF material myself, and Aaron's RMU adventure from Gen Con looks like something I could easily run over Google Hangouts with my gaming buddies.

I'm looking forward to more issues like this!
-Pyrotech

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: February Guild Companion
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »
Looks like it's not quite finished though. My last installment of Arcane lists is not up yet, but is mentioned in the editor's note so I assume it's on its way.

http://www.guildcompanion.com/
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 08:17:36 PM »
Looks like it's not quite finished though. My last installment of Arcane lists is not up yet, but is mentioned in the editor's note so I assume it's on its way.

Correct, I was holding off on making the announcement until the issue was fixed. Sorry about that.

Peter

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 03:52:51 AM »
Now it's official:

Greetings from the Guild Companion; Issue 192 is available at www.guildcompanion.com. This month, we conclude Jonathan Dale's series on Arcane magic with new spell lists that allow an Arcane user to manipulate anatomy to heal or harm. We also present the Mono 77 laser edge blade, a weapon by Christopher lee House for HARP Sci-Fi. Finally, we have an adventure from Aaron Smalley—Taking out the Garbage—set in the Channel Cities.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 10:30:19 AM »
Nice module, good coverage of a lot of detail. The only thing I think it could benefit from is more discussion of why the characters are in a rush to get the job done. For tournament style play, that works, but I can see my players wanting to take a week to scope the place out and keep it under surveillance, and the timeline doesn't go far enough to handle that.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 10:05:33 PM »
A couple of things about "Taking Out the Garbage" could use fixing...

"It is comprised of five separate cities, each with its own system of government, its own economy, varied social beliefs and morays"
Morays are eels. I think the intended words was "mores".

"It [South Shore] is also the only one of the five cities where slavery is outlawed and personal freedom is highly valued."
"Even though this is the only one of the five cities where slavery is illegal, slaves from the other four cities are not sheltered or protected when they flea here, thus many of the bounty hunters in the region make frequent visits to the taverns of South Shore."

Two statements are made of this basic fact: Slavery is illegal in South Shore, but legal in the other Channel Cities.

Oh, and "flee" is misspelled.

Then we get this: "There is actually a secret door here (very hard, -20 perception roll to detect) that is used by the slavers to access the cellar and sewers for sneaking slaves in and out of the city (since slavery is illegal in all of the Channel Cities except for Argentum)."

The adventure setup need not hinge on this conflicting statement being correct; certainly, the legality of slavery does not imply the right to kidnap people and enslave them for export sale. However, it would be nice if the text could be corrected to be consistent on this issue.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.