Author Topic: PoD Versions of Older Books?  (Read 2286 times)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
PoD Versions of Older Books?
« on: June 16, 2015, 03:19:31 PM »
I was wondering if there are any plans to do PoD version of some of the other existing books, that were published before the PoD really kicked off. Not those recreated from scanned PDFs, but those that were either digitally remastered - Castles and Ruins - or those that were totally new - the Guild Adventurers.

I know that this isn't as simple as taking those books and plugging them into the PoD process, and time is always limited, but is this something that is being considered at all?
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: PoD Versions of Older Books?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:31:49 AM »
The Guild Adventurers are probable candidates for PoD though I think they would be post-Bestiary manuscript completion and TGA#4 update completion.

Archendurn, Dun Cru, Toyman are possibles, though that would be pending stat updates for HARP and RMU.

Castles & Ruins, Essence Companion and Rolemaster Companion I were various levels of nightmare to remaster and would involve new nightmares to get to PoD. I am not expecting them to go to PoD.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:29:29 AM »
Didn't know the remastering process was that bad, but good to hear about the others. Although two of the Guild Adventurers will, I think, need a little padding to be perfect bound softcovers. Toyman's Fair doesn't look remotely possible for perfect bound; I think that would need to be the other option (stapled?).

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 11:12:37 AM »
Once I get done with my current project I can start to tackle the conversion of Dun Cru and City of Archendurn over to the new RMU and updated HARP rules (unless Nicholas wants someone else to do that conversion).  As far as doing a printed version, Nicholas would it be worth considering even rolling them into a single book, since they are very closely related and the City of Archendurn would likely be the "base of operations" for any adventurers exploring Dun Cru?

Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 01:57:48 PM »
Didn't know the remastering process was that bad, but good to hear about the others. Although two of the Guild Adventurers will, I think, need a little padding to be perfect bound softcovers. Toyman's Fair doesn't look remotely possible for perfect bound; I think that would need to be the other option (stapled?).

The Guild Adventurers might be combined into a single product in order to achieve a solid pagecount. It might be sufficient to combine only 1 and 2.

I would certainly wish to avoid staple binding as that does the product no favours.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
Once I get done with my current project I can start to tackle the conversion of Dun Cru and City of Archendurn over to the new RMU and updated HARP rules (unless Nicholas wants someone else to do that conversion).  As far as doing a printed version, Nicholas would it be worth considering even rolling them into a single book, since they are very closely related and the City of Archendurn would likely be the "base of operations" for any adventurers exploring Dun Cru?

I would need to do a pagecount on Archedurn and Dun Cru but combining them is certainly a possibility. There would have to be consideration to what happens to the pdf.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »
By my estimates, Archendurn and Dun Cru combined would be enough to make a fairly decent hardcover. GA3 has enough for a perfect bound, although combining all three would make a nice hardcover. GA1 and 2 would probably only make a perfect bound.