Author Topic: Looking for online Rolemaster groups to join.  (Read 2322 times)

Offline mark99913

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Looking for online Rolemaster groups to join.
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:09:21 PM »
     I'm a returning player looking to get back into Rolemaster. It's difficult to get players together at a specific time and place nowadays so I wanted to give online play a shot. Prefer long term campaign, but don't mind playing with different players from session to session. I am interested in the Shadow World setting and would play RMC or RMFRP either one.

If anyone knows about a lobby or lobbies where various Rolemaster groups go to play online so I can talk to different players to find out their gaming tastes, levels of characters in their groups, and etc. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me :).

Offline Mordrig

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Looking for online Rolemaster groups to join.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 10:52:05 AM »
I know of a long running campaign that might accept a new player.  PM me if interested

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »
Time for my usual plug for http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/index.php?action=forum wherein there's a number of play-by-forum HARP and Rolemaster games.

Regards,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Mordrig

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »

Offline mark99913

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 12:23:10 AM »
     I think what I'm really looking for is a chat place where the whole group can either communicate via a mic or chat via keyboard and be able to roll dice in the chat room kinda thing. I'm sure play by post works for many players because it is so convenient for those who want to play, but time is very limited. It's just that the pace of the game would be very slow, probably too slow for me. Rolemaster takes a lot of time as it is especially when conducting combat is concerned. Having the whole group together chatting at the same time would speed things up a great deal, but I'm guessing those groups aren't easy to find. Thanks for your responses guys.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 11:57:42 PM »
You could try https://roll20.net/, although there doesn't seem to be anything Rolemaster running at the moment.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 01:09:23 AM »
What timezone are you in? You might also want to look at

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php

... another VTT.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J. R. R. Tolkien