Author Topic: Old RM/MERP GM/Player looking for action  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Sjattuh

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Old RM/MERP GM/Player looking for action
« on: March 04, 2016, 07:08:10 PM »
Greetings fellow adventurers,

I am Theo, Dutch, 36, and haven't played paper & pen RPG since 1995 I recon.

Back then, in my early teens, me and my friends played a couple of these games. Marvel Super Heroes, Das Schwarze Auge (a German game set in a fantasy medieval world filled with magic), MERP which we quickly expanded by adding RoleMaster. And we ended up playing MERP/RM by far the most and eventually it was the only game we remained playing for some years to come.

Was a tough cookie to crack for a couple of 11~12 year old guys... since it was only available in English and my English skills weren't anything of what they are today. But we got it. Piece by piece we figured it out and started to create our first characters that didn't have an armour movement development restriction. ;)

I was (mostly) the GM for the Marvel and MERP/RM games... and we spend many, many weekends grinding down the hours in our make believe. This was at the time there were still physical shops in most cities in The Netherlands catering to this need. We even joined some conventions based all around the games of the day. Blood Bowl, D&D, Shadowrun, Magic the Gathering (what I wouldn't give to get my original deck back :)), and many more...

Our focus was very Tolkien based and we loved the world he created and we loved Rolemaster for allowing us to explore it.

The fun I had always stuck with me and I have always missed this. Finding substitutes in MMORPG I guess I always been looking for a way to relive and/or expand on times long past.

A year ago or so this has been coming back to me more and more pressingly. I started googling a little bit every now and then and imagined what if there was a way we could do this online... And today, to my surprise, I discovered there actually is a way to do this online.

I would very very much like to join an active group. As a player, a GM, a combination, to help, to do whatever. I just want to play again.

My preference goes to a Middle-Earth kind of setting. Medieval, Magic, Knights, Swords, Orcs and Trolls. But I am more than happy to join any and all settings. I have played Shadowrun a bit e.g. I just want to play again. :)

As it is I haven't purchased any software yet. I will explore this a little more, since I just discovered this, and whatever software your group uses I will acquire.

Offline HawksNut

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Go Hawks!!
Re: Old RM/MERP GM/Player looking for action
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:22:30 PM »
I have a game in Roll20 and could use another player if you are interested? Our group could use a Rogue or Thief? Let me know if you are interested?

Offline Sjattuh

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Old RM/MERP GM/Player looking for action
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 06:50:38 AM »
*Found a little icon 'email' rendering my original post useless* :(