Author Topic: AutoHarp 2.0 Fantasy Combat Tracker Questions  (Read 2411 times)

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
AutoHarp 2.0 Fantasy Combat Tracker Questions
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:24:01 AM »
First: how do Elemental Spell attacks work? Or any attack spell for that matter. I can cast the spell but I can't select a target to apply the effect anywhere.

Second: Is there a way to enter the initiative roll? My players will want to roll the initiative themselves and not let the software decide.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: AutoHarp 2.0 Fantasy Combat Tracker Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:53:50 AM »
Here's a few more:

How are fumble results applied to the character?

How do I reduce the rounds of stun if the character succeeds the Stamina RR against them?

Are the effects of stun (+20 OB, parry at 50%) applied automatically or do I need to apply them manually?

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 08:21:48 PM »
First: how do Elemental Spell attacks work? Or any attack spell for that matter. I can cast the spell but I can't select a target to apply the effect anywhere.

You need to use the Attack dialog to actually attack the player with the elemental spell attack. The Spell dialog just casts the spell. It doesn't attack anything.

Second: Is there a way to enter the initiative roll? My players will want to roll the initiative themselves and not let the software decide.

There is currently no way to override the initiative being rolled by the computer. I can look into making a manual version. My own personal two cents, the randomness of the initiative roller is not really different statistically than physically rolling the dice. ;)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 08:31:32 PM »
Here's a few more:

How are fumble results applied to the character?

Exactly the same way a critical result is applied. Once you roll a fumble result, and click done, the results are applied to the player in the case of the fumble, not the target. The procedure doesn't change other than rolling the fumble result. You can alter the fumble result as well the same you can alter the critical result.

How do I reduce the rounds of stun if the character succeeds the Stamina RR against them?

Select the character and by using the Character panel located on the right side, go to the stun value where there should be a stun value and adjust as necessary.

Are the effects of stun (+20 OB, parry at 50%) applied automatically or do I need to apply them manually?

Looking at the application it does calculate the parry at 50% if stunned but it didn't give the player a +20. So I have now added that.