Author Topic: creatures and monsters RR and spell bonuses  (Read 1755 times)

Offline juza

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
creatures and monsters RR and spell bonuses
« on: July 03, 2016, 05:08:57 AM »
Hi, I'm an Italian (swo excuse me for my english) gaqmemaster of rolemasterFRP and I'm trying to find out where to find resistance rolls bonuses for the creatures and monsters my players will encounter.
I also noticed that some monsters are able to cast spells, but there's no bonuses for casting them in the monster's description, only PP. I suppose that a dragon casting a sleep spell should have some bonus for the base attack roll, isn't it?

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
Re: creatures and monsters RR and spell bonuses
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 04:53:45 PM »
Ciao!
For RRs, basically it's up to the GM. If you feel a particular creature should be resistant to a certain kind of attack, just inform the players and give it a racial RR bonus.
For BARs, IMO, if a creature knows a list up to a certain level, it means the monster has an equal number of ranks in the list, that are added to its Basic Attack Rolls. If a creature simply "knows" a list, it knows all spells the list contains, which means it has 50 ranks in it (dragons are scary...)!
Also, note that normally monsters need no maneuver to cast their spells, they just need to expend their PPs/daily usage of the spell.
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline juza

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 02:11:15 AM »
Grazie Arioch!
It was quite simple in facts, sometimes I get lost in a glass of water.
Do you think I can use as guidelines the IQ code of the monster for its RR bonus or malus?

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 05:21:11 AM »
Do you think I can use as guidelines the IQ code of the monster for its RR bonus or malus?

Yeah, I think that would be perfectly reasonable.
Personally, I wouldn't bother calculating these kind of bonuses for random encounters or standard enemies, but I think it would be a great way for setting apart important foes and big baddies from their minions  ;)
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.