Author Topic: Dealing with Character Death  (Read 2382 times)

Offline bottg

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Arion Games
Dealing with Character Death
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:54:08 PM »
I am about to start running the EoH campaign using RMU (sort of) but there is one issue i am not sure about handling.

I will be using the teasers, but what happens if a character dies either in the teaser sections or the "modern" day?

If the character dies back then, they obviously cannot be in the present from teaser 1.
What if they die say in adventure 3?  When i get to teaser 4, are they there again (i.e. use dead characters for the teaser) but do you level them up from the point they died?

Offline pastorwelby

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Dealing with Character Death
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 09:51:43 PM »
As Gm, you have control whether or not the players die or not. I think most GM's have fudged die rolls to help the story move in a certain direction. So I don't let players die in teasers. They can get close but survive.

If they die in present day, then you or their owner runs them in the past teasers, and those characters are always at 2nd level I think.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

When the GM smiles, it's too late.

Offline ardem

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Dealing with Character Death
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:41:41 AM »
I adlib with mine the party is more important, so if they die they get a new character and then the character in dream sequence experience all of what the other guys do in one hit, however I do not do the combats as the players already know but the character has not. Then they are all good to go, and storyline at the same experience as the other players.