Author Topic: Necromancer spell "Summon Undead" questions  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Necromancer spell "Summon Undead" questions
« on: December 13, 2016, 08:17:42 PM »
I am having some difficulty finding limits for the Necromancer Summon Undead spell in the College of Magics.
1. What is the range limit of the spell to summon undead to him? Meaning how far will the spell reach to call an undead to him? Right not there seems to be no limit to the range for this. The range listed for the spell indicates "Self".
2. Is the undead teleported to any random spot within 50' or does the caster get to choose where it goes?
3. As of this moment there are only class 1 undead listed in the core rule book so how should I handle higher class undead summoning? Should I just use the original creatures from the old "Monsters a Field Guide"?
The issue is there are no undead greater than class 1 yet and there is a level 9 cleric in my group that has that spell and he is always trying to summon class 3 or 4 undead.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Necromancer spell "Summon Undead" questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 03:26:48 PM »
1. No limit. (Technically same plane)
2. Random spot
3. Sept 2016 TGC provides for monstrous Skeletons (which can go to Class III),  Oct 2016 TGC for monstrous Skeletons, November 2016 provides The Lament (Class III to V),  Oct 2015 for The Ghost (III to V), Nov 2015 for the Ghoul (I and II)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Re: Necromancer spell "Summon Undead" questions
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 12:15:45 AM »
1. No limit. (Technically same plane)
2. Random spot
3. Sept 2016 TGC provides for monstrous Skeletons (which can go to Class III),  Oct 2016 TGC for monstrous Skeletons, November 2016 provides The Lament (Class III to V),  Oct 2015 for The Ghost (III to V), Nov 2015 for the Ghoul (I and II)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
I had no idea they were in TGC..
Wait, correction. I did see those. But they are not full monsters, they are overlays. I need something quick and dirty that I can pull up without having to apply an overlay or loads of modifiers, or develop for that matter.
I started using the ones in the old "Monsters a field guide" as they already have all the stats set in place. That will have to work until the "Something Wicked" book comes out. I may start using that book for more varied monsters as I (as the GM) am tired of sending the same old monsters at the group again and again.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!