Author Topic: The Lands of Nevron  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Mordrig

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
The Lands of Nevron
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:05:45 AM »
Hello folks,
  I am currently playing a Nightblade in the Lands of Nevron.  LoN is a PBeM open RPG.  As in, your character can do Anything.  The GM has created the world, and you do what you wish.  Characters have died, that is the risk of acting as you wish, you do something dumb, or as in one case, annoy enough players, your character will die / be killed.  Once you die, you can restart as a new character at half of the XP you earned.  You might not start in the same area.
  That said my Nightblade is not a nice person, he has murdered, he has committed Arson, he has infiltrated a good organisation and created paranoid and hate within their ranks and destroyed their cohesion.  Now, it looks like he may die.  He has made it to level 10, almost level 11, but he is wounded, and about to attack a superior enemy.  Yes, I could run away, but that wouldn't fit in with his current mindset.  So I expect him to die in a glorious battle, the first selfless act he has committed.  Sort of a Cadoras the Slayer moment.  There is a chance he might win, he might even survive.
  That said, if he dies I need to pick a Karma Character.  Now, there is not much of a chance I will be a good character, I have too much information collected by the evil players to turn my back on them, plus they are all buddies by now.  I could be neutral though.  I need to decide a class, I was thinking of a Chaotic Lord, but they seem too far out there, and I would expect the GM to have him hunted the entire game.  A second pick is an Archmage, powerful spellcaster, wide open for spells, but they seem to be unbalanced and overpowered, although the GM might allow them, I am not sure I like them.  Lastly is a Magus, I was thinking of a Hybrid Magus to allow some limited channeling ability to back up my essence casting.
  So people of the Rolemaster Forum, what are your thoughts or comments?

Offline platinumgray

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: The Lands of Nevron
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »
If you have a pair of polyhedron dice, it's chaotic lord.