Author Topic: How quickly do players heal in your campaign?  (Read 2768 times)

Offline DeadBob

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: How quickly do players heal in your campaign?
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 11:14:44 PM »
I use RMFRP.

In my campaign, nobody chose to play a pure healing character. We even had a Cleric who learned ZERO healing lists, and was instead built to find and destroy undead.

The current party has their (Base lists only) Magician as their herbalist/first aid/second aid/surgeon. The Paladin knows a few herbs and has one spell to heal hit points (which he almost deliberately never uses). Hit points are usually healed by resting unless someone is falling down mid-fight or mid-dungeon.

It is a common thing for the party to ride out of the wilderness and into a town to drag their broken butts to a temple for healing and regeneration of broken/maimed/missing limbs. And the clerics and healers make an educated guess at the wealth of the party at that moment (or get the inside information from the merchants the party just sold their loot to) and charge them appropriately.

I would say that the party spends about 2% of their time in fights, and about 20% healing from them. The rest is about 75% travel and 4% doing stuff in towns and cities.

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: How quickly do players heal in your campaign?
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 10:34:43 PM »
How much time spent healing? Varies from game to game.

I remember one game had players wander out of a town, get lost in the woods, and then spend three weeks healing after getting zapped by a standing stone. Only the ranger was active, the rest of the party was comatose for three weeks. They make it into town, get into a bar fight, then spend two weeks recovering. The only healing came from an astrologer named Fred. Fred had first aid, and a couple of minor healing lists.

My current group generally has some sort of healing: lay healer or channeling healer for the most part. If possible, I try to have some sort of independent healing for my character. As a result, my group tends to heal as quickly as the healer can regain power points...